part 8

maggie began banging on the door, pushing on it and trying every way possible to open it as she began calling her sister's name again. the crying still sounding from behind it.

marcella jogged over to the hallway, calling out for lori, who quickly ran up to them.

"what's happening?" lori questioned.

"she's in there, we heard glass." maggie responded, fear lacing her voice, as she continued to try and open the door.

"beth please don't do this! please!" marcella called, as she tried to help the two other women get through to beth.

"i left her with andrea." maggie told lori before going to look for the key to the bathroom.

"beth please open the door! i'm not mad, i'm not mad beth!" maggie cried, going back to pleading with her sister at the door.

marcella took a moment to think about another way of getting through the door, having lost hope in pleading and banging on the door. after a moment, the young brunette pulled out her machete, maggie moving out of the way for marcella, as she approached the door. mentally wishing goodbye to her favourite weapon, marcella shoved the sword into the base of the door handle, pulling with all of her strength and miraculously, forcing the door open.

as the door flew open, the machete snapping in half, a crying beth turned around, hand on her bleeding wrist as she apologised for her actions. "i'm sorry." maggie instantly took the younger girl into a hug, then walking her out of the bathroom and down to patricia. lori and marcella looked to eachother with pained expressions, both hating that beth had given up on the world and everyone in it.

after a few minutes of the two brunette women sitting in silence, still in beth's room, lori spoke up. "you saved her life, just like you saved mine." she stated, mustering up a smile of sorts.

"maybe... but if she still wants to die she'll find a way. i guess andrea was right about that." marcella muttered back.

"yeah... well we will deal with whatever happens, we always do. what i mean is that not many people have done what you've done for us, i don't think many of us are able too... just, i'm glad we have you." lori explained, her words towards the younger woman genuine, as she does appreciate how much she has done for the group.

"thanks lori, it means a lot. we should get back to maggie though, she probably needs us."