part 10

'30 minutes until decontamination.' vi spoke up, causing more panic to erupt through the group.

"doc what's going on here, doc?" daryl shouted over the blazing alarms.

the group then attempted to go and get there stuff as to get out of the building however jenner locked them in.

"did you just lock us in?" glenn panicked. "he just locked us in!"

as jenner began to record from his computer like every day, daryl attempted to attack him yet was held back by rick and shane.

"jenner open that door now!" rick told jenner.

"do you know how to open it?" glenn asked marcella.

"no, i- i studied to be a scientist whilst working as an intern here. i was never allowed to touch those controls." she told him with sorrow.

"there's no point, everything top side is locked down, the emergency exits are sealed." jenner told rick.

"well open the damn things."

"that's not something i control, the computers do. i told you, once that front door closed it wouldn't open again, you heard me say that. it's better this way."

"you can't do this. you can't keep us in here!" rick was fearful and angry as he spoke, just wanting to protect his family.

"you know what this place is! we protect the public from very nasty stuff, weaponised small-pocks,
ebola trains that could wipe out the whole country, stuff that you don't want getting out ever!" jenner was now shouting at the top of his voice, scaring not only the group but also doctor carter.

then jenner sat down, a calm expression on his face as he just sat there. the group, led my rick tried to brake the doors as the children and mothers cried in eachothers arms.

"no pain, and end to sorrow, grief, regret." jenner spoke to carter who stood next to him. "you shouldn't of let them in." jenner looked up at marcella as he stated this, as if she was supposed to know that she had unintentionally lead the group to their deaths.

"you should've told me the truth." she stated back calmly to him. after this she left for the door, trying to brake it with an axe just as daryl was. it wasn't working though.

she noticed jenner trying to convince some of rick's group that this death was better than trying to fight.

jenner had lost hope and that broke marcella more than anything.