part 8

glenn immediately enveloped the smaller girl into a hug and of course she excepted it gratefully.

"what did you do?" glenn asked as soothingly as he could, although it wasn't a very soothing sentence.

"i stabbed him and then i cut his hand off. he probably bled out." the two then broke apart, marcella being the one to move back. "glenn, he's probably dead, i probably killed him and i don't know how to deal with that. i'm a murderer."

"look, i know you don't want to have to hurt people but that's just how things work now, el. we're gonna have to do things that nobody should ever have to do to stay alive, that's just how it is now." glenn told marcella, every word entraining itself into marcella's brain.

"what if i don't wanna hurt anybody?" she questioned after a moment of silence, the twokeeping eyecontact throughout the intense conversation.

"then you'll die and i don't want that to happen." glenn answered truthfully.

he really didn't want to lose marcella; she was everything to him, the person who made him feel safe and secure. the person who brought him happiness and hope.

the truth is that glenn couldn't watch marcella die because he knew that he would die with her.

"thankyou glenn." marcella said, the two words not being able to convey the true length of her thankfulness.

***

it was late now, neither glenn nor marcella knew how late but they both knew that the sun had set a few hours ago. both of the young adults couldn't sleep, both of their minds filled with many worries, questions and puzzling thoughts.

"glenn?" marcella said, having a feeling that they boy next to her was awake just as she was, he was.

"what's up?"

marcella turned from being on her back, to on her side so that she could face glenn, him doing the same.

"lori's pregnant." marcella began.

"yeah."

"is she keeping the baby or-" glenn cut her off.

"i don't know... i don't think she even knows. i told her to talk to rick first but..." glenn trailed off, visibly guilty.

"you did the right thing, telling her to talk to rick i mean. i would've said the same thing." marcella stated as she rolled back onto her back.

marcella didn't know it but her words meant the world to glenn.