part 4

"-yeah, i literally had to pull the knife out of my leg to save lori." marcella told maggie, again- the farm hand had thought that her bestfriend was joking at first.

"sounds like it hurt." maggie stated, finally believing the injured girl.

"yeah, it did hurt. but what mattered at that point was saving lori." marcella explained, the lighthearted atmosphere turning to a more solemn one.

as maggie went to reply, shane walked in, gesturing for maggie to leave to which she obliged. marcella stayed silent as shane sat in maggie's former seat, knowing that she was going to get lectured by the constantly frustrated man.

"what the hell do y-" marcella cut shane off, not wanting to even hear a sentence of his never ending bullshit.

"what ever you have to say, i don't want to listen, okay? so just fuck off and leave me alone." marcella finished, her words catching shane off.

the bald man stood up, walking to the door before he stopped. "why'd you do it?" he questioned simply, his tone softer than before where he began by practically shouting at her.

"because i thought it was the right thing to do." marcella answered honestly, causing shane to nod slowly before leaving the room.

***
marcella fell asleep, not long after her small interaction with shane. her dreams full of what they usually were: the undead, running and blood- a lot of blood.

just as the young woman was being gained on by the vicious, twisted being that chased her, there was a knock at the door that woke her up.

"oh, sorry dear." patricia apologised, having heard a light gasp escape from marcella's mouth at being woken up so fast.

"it's okay, i was about to be eaten by a walker anyway. best that i woke up before that." marcella laughed, patricia joining in as she placed a coffee on the side table.

"once you're ready, hun, the others want to know how you're doing, so come and join them in the living room." marcella nodded briefly to patricia, offering the blonde lady a thankyou.