part 2

"you were the last one with him. you shared his final moment. please, i need to hear-i need to know his death had meaning." patricia, otis' wife spoke, her voice uneven and warn from her endless crying.

shane took a moment before speaking up. " we were about done, almost out of ammo we were down to pistols by the end. i was limping, it was bad. ankle all swollen up. 'we gotta save the boy'. see, that's what he said. he gave me his backpack, he shoved me a head 'run'. he said. said 'i'll- i'll take the rear, i'll cover you.' and when i looked back- if not for otis i'd have never made it out alive. and that goes for carl too. it was otis. he saved us both." once shane had told the story of otis' last moments of life, he turned to patricia. "if any death ever had meaning, it was his." patricia nodded in thankfulness, beginning to cry again.

***
it was the next day and marcella was gathered with some of the group, ready to go out looking for sophia.

"how longs this girl been lost?" hershel asked rick.

"this will be day three." rick answered.

maggie then walked over with a map in her hands. "county survey map. shows terrain and elevation." the oldest greene daughter stated.

marcella was then distracted from the conversation by glenn.

"hey." he began, guiding the brunette who had her hair in a high pony, a little away from the group.

"what's up?" she asked, being able to tell that something was wrong.

"you didn't wake me up?" he pointed out as more of a question than a statement. marcella had purposely left their shared tent without waking glenn up, not wanting him to stop her from going out today.

"sorry. i'm just you know... i really wanna find sophia so i was up early." marcella told the asian boy, her excuse being half of the real reason why she hadn't woken up glenn.

"your going out today?" the talker boy questioned, causing marcella to sigh as she knew that he wasn't going to let that happen.