part 8

"i don't think maggie should come on pharmacy runs to get supplies for lori, she's part of our group, we can go. maggie shouldn't have to risk her life for her." she spoke, worried that glenn would disagree.

"your right, i don't want a repeat of today." glenn agreed, looking down as the two spoke.

"so... what did you wanna talk about?" marcella finally asked, strangely nervous.

glenn stopped walking, marcella doing the same.

"el, why are you so willing to risk your life to find sophia?" glenn questioned, nervous to find out the real reason.

"she's a kid, glenn." marcella stated, her tone was dismissive as she wasn't ready to be faced by the topic.

"i-i know. i just... i thought that-i-" marcella sighed. not liking how she had shut down glenn the way that she did.

marcella decided it was time to become vulnerable to him.

"it's time that i told you the truth, glenn." the brunette began.

"the-the truth about what?" glenn's heart pounded within his chest, questions clouding his vision as marcella looked down to the ground briefly.

you could practically see the cogs turning in the bruised and cut lady's mind as she thought on how to begin.

marcella then took out a small piece of paper from her pocket, unfolding it to show glenn. a baby girl sat on the paper in her mother's arms and the mother that held the baby was marcella.

after processing the contents of the piece of paper, glenn took a moment to admire how marcella appeared in it: she was clean, her skin free of the bruises and scars that now inhabit her whole body. her hair was soft and dirt-free and her clothes flattered her body type well.

"that's my daughter." marcella finally spoke, confirming glenn's biggest question.

the asian man finally tore his eyes away from the photo, looking back to the woman that gave him such warmth.

without another word, glenn hugged marcella, the shorter girl allowing few tears to escape onto glenn's shoulder as she excepted the hug gratefully.

and in that moment the two were okay.