part 9

both lori and marcella got between shane and carl.

"rick said no guns, this is not your call. this is not your decision to make." lori told shane, physically getting in between the man and her son.

marcella guided carl away a little, taking him to maggie and glenn before returning to lori's side.

"shane, you need to stop or el-" marcella was cut off by t-dog.

"oh shit." as t said this everyone's attention was drew over to rick and hershel dragging along walkers on clamp-like contraptions.

"come on, come on, come on." along with other inaudible talking could be heard from rick, hershel and jimmy as the group stood shocked by the scene.

after a moment everyone began to run towards them, led by shane.

"what the hell are you doing?" shane shouted as he reached the three.

"shane, just back off." rick told his bestfriend.

"why do your people have guns?" hershel asked.

"are you kidding me? you see. you see what they're holding onto?" shane shouts towards the group.

"i see who i'm holding onto." hershel corrects him.

"no, man, you don't."

"shane, just let us do this. then we can talk." rick tried.

"what do you wanna talk about. rick?" shane began in a shout. "these things ain't sick. they're not people! they're dead! ain't gotta feel nothing for them, because all they do? they kill. these things, right here! they're the things that killed amy! they killed otis! they're gonna kill all of us, unless we do-" shane's rant was cut off by rick, who was still handling a walker.

"shane, shut up!"

"hey hershel, man, let me ask you son. could a living breathing person, could they walk away from this." shane then shot one of the walkers in the stomach, causing hershel to let out a shriek.

marcella gasped- not because she was scared, but because she knew that in hershel's eyes shane had just shot a living person and that 'living person' had not been effected by it.

__
69 ;)