part 12

"jenner you can't take that away from them, away from me. i know you don't want anyone to suffer, i know you think that this is best for you, me and these people but... but that's not your choice to make." doctor carter knew that she was the group's only chance at making it out of here; if anyone could get through to edwin jenner, it was her.

jenner looked to carter for a moment, realising that she needed to fight, that she still had hope for something better. " I told you top sides down I can't open those." the older male went over to his computer system and opened up the doors.

"come on!"

"come on! let's go!"

"there's your chance, take it." jenner told rick.

"i'm grateful."

"the day will come when you won't be." jenner assured to the man who still had hope within him, then pulling him in and whispering something to him.

"jenner, thankyou." doctor carter thanked quickly, scared that they will run out of time.

"take this for me, it's to important, i don't want it blowing up." jenner handed carter a ring and when she looked down she noticed it to be his wife's wedding ring.

the two shared small but ever so meaningful smiles; the two were not just colleagues, they were dear friends.

"marcella come on!" the young doctor looked up to see the stupidly smart korean boy calling for her and that's when she knew that there really was hope out there, there was hope in him.

"go, live." jenner told her and doctor carter nodded slightly before running, grabbing the korean's hand as he lead her away.

"let's go jacque!"

"no i'm staying! i'm staying sweetie." jacque began to back away.

"that's insane!" t-dog argued in a panicked tone,

"no. it's completely same, for the first time in a long time. i'm not ending up like jim and amy. there is no time to argue and no point not if you wanna get out. just get out, get out!" she pushed t-dog away, having already decided her fate.

"dog. come on, man." shane pulled t- dog away.

"let's go!"