part 4

as she noticed lori grow rather tired, marcella nagged the older woman into taking a nap as she was concerned for the pregnant lady's health. this left marcella to check up on beth.

"not hungry?" the lightly freckled lady questioned the younger blonde, a small smile on her face as she looks down to the full plate. after not receiving a response, marcella looked up to beth, noticing her light sobbing and the tears that brimmed her eyes. she immediately walked over to the blonde, sitting on her bed next to her.

"you know, i sometimes wish that i had left the cdc, tried my look outside just for a moment with my mom. she's probably dead now and i blame myself for not even trying to be with her." marcella began, slightly nervous as she was making herself vulnerable to the saddened girl that sat beside her.

"it's just so hopeless." beth commented back, tears falling free down her pale cheeks.

"no, no it's not. because the reason that i stayed at the cdc was because there was hope for a cure, hope to figure out what this thing is. i stayed because i had hope, beth." marcella looked to beth, who by now had turned to face the scientist.

"but it didn't work, you didn't find out what it is or how to stop it, your hope meant nothing." beth practically spat this, causing marcella to question this herself, however soon remembering the rest of the story. her story.

"yeah, after the cdc failed, after jenner- i had no hope, just like you. but then i met glenn, i met lori and rick and dale and then you, maggie, your dad and everyone of you brings me hope because that's what matters, beth. we have eachother." after gaining no response from this, marcella let out a sigh.

the brunette stood up, taking the full plate of food and going to leave the room. " i'll send maggie up in a minute."

***
marcella let out a loud sigh of sadness for the young girl who had lost all hope, as she placed down the plate. she picked up the fork, then beginning to search for the knife that didn't appear to be on the plate.

lori walked in a moment later, noticing marcella's panic. the two made eyecontact, a brief pause before they both darted back upstairs to beth's room, having figured out her plan.