part 3

"-she could've just told one of us, i don't see why her going with lori made it any better." andrea argued as marcella grunted, signifying that she had woken up.

carol and patricia immediately came to check on the young woman who laid in the greene's house. patricia checked marcella's head and cheeks for warmth.

"there was no stopping her, she's too stubborn." marcella retorted towards andrea, knowing that the blonde didn't want her hearing her opinion.

"you could've at least tried." andrea argued, crossing her arms in frustration.

"no, i couldn't. because lori needed to go after them, not for rick or beth but for herself. so i went with her to keep her safe and that's what i did." marcella explained as she carefully sat up, noticing the stitches on her thigh from when she had been stabbed by her own knife.

"she saved my life." lori chimed in, having only just entered the room without anyone noticing. "thankyou." she stated meaningfully towards marcella who just nodded in response.

after a while of silence- andrea having stormed out of the room, patricia noticed marcella staring down at her stitches. "nasty cut, quite deep too. what happened?" she questioned.

"in the crash, my pocket knife must've stabbed into me." marcella simply explained, sparking a memory in lori.

"oh, here." lori took out the pocket knife.

"no, keep it. you need it a lot more than i do."  marcella joked with a smirk, causing lori to laugh before leaving the room.

"you know, i'm glad you were with her out there. things could've been a lot worse if you weren't. she said you saved her life, so i don't think she would've made it back without you." patricia told marcella once the room was empty besides the two of them.

"i just don't want anyone else to die, but i guess that's stupid." marcella half smiled, saddened by the thought that they would all pass at some time.

"it's not stupid, hun. anyway, i'll go and get maggie, she's been worried about you." and with that patricia was gone, leaving marcella appreciating the woman a little more as the two hadn't spoken much before now.