"DON'T YOU DARE HOLD BACK!"

~THIRD PERSON POV~

Next up was Iida and Todoroki's match, but you didn't payed much attention to their match because you were too worried about your match with Bakugo.

You decided to head to the waiting room once again to calm your nerves before your match.

As Iida and Todoroki's match went on, the more nervous you got.

Finally Todoroki was announced the winner and your match with Bakugo was about to start.

As you stepped forward into the battle stage, you saw Bakugo glaring at you, his face full of determination.

You didn't understand, why was he so determined? You wanted to be like him, be more confident, but judging by how you were internally shaking, you definitely weren't confident about this match.

"Begin!" Midnight called out.

Bakugo wasted no time charging at you with his explosions propelling him.

You did a side roll and dodged him, he flew past you but turned around and came at you again.

You shot water at him knocking him off balanced. Bakugo realized that you were going to use your fire next, he dodged left and right as you aimed you fire at him over and over again.

But he knew that even though he told you to give him everything, he could sense you were holding back. You attacks weren't as strong, he hated it.

As he charged at you again, he saw you hesitate, you didn't want to hurt him.

"DON'T YOU DARE HOLD BACK!" He yelled aiming a huge explosion at you.

You saw the explosion and aimed a huge water blast at him causing some of the audience to get wet.

"I told you not to fucking hold back." Bakugo growled at you.

You looked at him. "You sure?" You said dodging him again.

"HELL YA IM SURE!" Bakugo yelled as he threw another punch which you easily dodged.

"Fine." You said.

Without even hesitating you shot a huge fire blast at Bakugo but he somehow dodged that.

Both of you fought, not pausing a single time, you were about to win. You could actually beat the boy.

That was until you started getting burns.

You kept using your fire causing you to go over limits.

Bakugo noticed, although he was worried about you, he decided to keep fighting until he won.

Your arm was covered with burns, it hurts so much but you ignored it. You have to win.

Bakugo charged at you and threw a kick at you, you tried dodging but you were too slow and in great pain.

He kicked you and shot a explosion at you. You flew out of bounds.

"Y/N is out of bounds, Bakugo will proceed to the finals!" Midnight called out.

You stood up and smiled at Bakugo, but he wasn't smiling, he was looking at you worriedly. You were confused until you remembered your burns.

"Looks like I have to go to recovery girl." You said shrugging slightly before walking off.

You walked into recovery girl's office. "Hey recovery girl, I need some help." You said scratching the back of your neck sheepishly.

Recovery girl gasped when she saw your burns and started healing you immediately.

"There," She said. "Now that you are all better," She grabbed her clipboard and started whacking your head. "What were you thinking? You shouldn't be pushing your quirk over the limits like this!" She yelled.

"Ow!" You complained.

Recovery girl finally calmed down and allowed you to go back to the viewing room where your friends crowded you and asked if you were okay.

Todoroki and Bakugo had already started their fight, were you really at recovery girl's office for that long?

Bakugo seemed to be yelling at Todoroki to give it his all just like what he did at you. Todoroki hesitated but you saw his left side lit up.

Bakugo smirked and charged at him but Todoroki deactivated his fire last minute and Bakugo knocked Todoroki down with an explosion.

Bakugo stood there for a bit looking at Todoroki's unconscious body. He was so mad, he went over and grabbed Todoroki and started yelling at him.

Midnight ripped open the fabric of her costume revealing part of her arm. A pink mist came out and Bakugo was knocked out.

"Bakugo wins!" Midnight announced. You felt happy for him and yourself, you won third place, not bad.

-----TIMESKIP----

You and Todoroki were talking together while waiting for Bakugo to wake up, he was a nice boy but pretty quiet.

The moment Bakugo woke up they had to restrain him, he jumped towards Todoroki scaring the life out of both of you.

All three of you went to the podium where All might came forward and gave the medals to you three. You felt proud, you have done well in the sport festival and hopefully be noticed by the heroes for your internship.

Although All Might messed up on the plus ultra part, it was an amazing day.

You went home where your parents hugged you and congratulate you for being third place. Even though you shared with Iida who left early because of a family emergency, they were proud.

Somewhere else, somebody watched the screen.

"Hmm, that girl with the fire quirk and dog ears? Maybe I could request her." They muttered as feather rushed around holding paperwork and coffee.

"Maybe even the boy with a bird head." They said as they played with the bright red feathers.

~KIRISHIMA POV~

It has been a week since Y/N left us, nothing was the same.

We have the saved the girl, yes but it didn't feel the same.

Her desk was empty, it felt so quiet without her laughing or complaining about the work. There wasn't the sounds of her teasing Bakugo or talking with Mina or Uraraka.

Bakugo took it the worse out of all us. He was very quiet, he visits her everyday but he still blames me. He is right though. I had the chance to save her but I didn't take it.

But that was what she wanted right? She told me to take run and she will hold them back. Then why do I still hurt?

Mr. Aizawa was quiet too. He didn't want to talk about the incident. The only thing that cheered him up was Eri.

I hate myself. I hate myself for everything that happened. Because of what I did, she couldn't live the life she could have had.

Why?

I NEED TO STOP WITH THE ANGST BUT ITS TOO ADDICTING also sorry if this seems rushed, was writing this in school :p

Atashi