Chapter 42

Rex stood in the door, looking at Lou, who had collapsed right in front of him.

She was lying in a small pool of blood and was terribly pale.

"Hey... Hello?" Rex said cautiously and shook her slightly to check if she was still awake.

"Okay, then not" he said to himself, lifting her up and leaving the quarters.

"Then I'll just take you to Kix".

But suddenly he stopped.

With Kix was Ahsoka.

And he just had an unconscious Lou in his arms, who was full of blood.

That would first of all break the just established trust again, that she finally built up easily to him, and second it would not help her mental condition either.

He wanted to activate his com, but couldn't because he was carrying Lou.

So he set her down carefully for a moment and then activated his com.

"Fives? Coric?" he asked.

"Yes sir?" came back formally from both of them immediately.

"You guys don't have anything to do right now, right? Take the little one somewhere and make sure she stays out of the med bay."  the captain asked them, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Why?", great, the question had to come.

"I'll explain later. Hurry up!" he said hastily.

"Sure."

Then he deactivated his com again and looked at Lou.

Blood was running from her half-open mouth, and she was even paler than before.

"Well then. Let's get you to Kix. He'll patch you up." and with that Rex picked her up again and continued toward the infirmary.

Just before that, he heard voices.

„W... where are we going?" he heard Ahsoka's, currently so anxious, voice.

"It's going to be a surprise. Come on," replied another. If Rex had to guess, he would have guessed Fives.

This was confirmed shortly after, when another voice said: "Come on, little one. Fives and I prepared something."

"Not true" Ahsoka replied, or better to say muttered to herself.

Rex had to grin slightly. In spite of everything she didn't remember, being intimidated and afraid, yet she could still tell when one of her brothers was lying to her.

And Rex was also very sure that she could tell them apart, even though she never addressed anyone voluntarily, and if she did then unfortunately still with 'sir'.

"You've settled in better, haven't you?" he said quietly to Lou. "But you still can't tell us apart."

Lou didn't answer. Of course she didn't. She was unconscious, and wouldn't have spoken anyway.

But she probably would have agreed.

She might be a former slave, and have experienced terrible things. But she was almost as stubborn as Ahsoka Tano.

And that was more than a compliment.

Only Anakin was able to reach Ahsokas stubbornness.

Whereby who reached whom...that could not be said.

When Fives, Coric and Ahsoka were finally no longer in front of the door, Rex peeked cautiously around the corner.

Yup, they were completely gone.

So he quickly ran to the door to the medi-station and slipped inside.

Kix was already waiting, notified by Fives and Coric.