Chapter 95

They actually got the igloo finished. And Elise also allowed them to spend the night in it.

She filled them a basket with dinner and helped them bring blankets and pillows over, and soon they had turned the snow cave into a cozy hut.

"On the igloo," Luca said, toasting with Ahsoka. They only had water in their cups, but were both grinning broadly.

In the basket had been two plates full of stew, which now stood in front of them and over which they both now feasted.

It tasted incredibly delicious, like everything Elise cooked.

The two told each other jokes and stories, laughed and ate.

The evening was indeed perfect.

Another bright day in the memories. Another memory that filled the void.

An emptiness that seemed to tear Ahsoka apart from the inside, as soon as the two of them were in their sleeping bags, the lights were off and it was quiet.

Goosebumps stretched over her body and she shivered slightly, even though it was snug and warm.

Her insides felt like they'd be wrapped around themselves several times and she wanted to fill that damn void.

There was someone or something out there waiting for her. And she needed it again.

She got up and climbed out of the igloo.

As soon as she left it, icy cold air blew around her.

She wore nothing but a nightgown, as she otherwise would have sweated under wool and furs before.

Out here, she was freezing.

But it didn't bother her.

Barefoot, she walked a short distance until the thin point of light that had to be the moon rose above the silhouettes of trees, that where so difficult for her to detect.

She let the air cool her lekku until the chill froze into her brain.

The biting of the wind calmed her thoughts and released the emptiness within her.

Didn't seem so bad anymore when it was even colder on the outside than inside her.

Ahsoka laid her head back and waited.

She didn't know what she was waiting for.

For help? For a sign? She didn't know.

Far. Far away, a young Jedi sensed the signature of his little apprentice.

She was far away. And become so alien. And yet familiar.

He felt deep calmness. Something that didn't match his Snips.

The biting of wind that ate into her lekku prickled over his skin and fed his worry.

The emptiness in her that drained hope of its power bored into his heart like a pointed arrow.

She needed help. His help. But she wasn't there. Where was she? Why did her signature suddenly seem so different. So weak and strange? Anakin swallowed. What had happened to her.

He had to find her.

He couldn't abandon her. Not any further. Not again.

He pounded on the table.

"I'll find you Snips! Don't worry about it! I'll come and save you!" he yelled into the empty room.

Ahsoka didn't notice any of this.

Well, almost nothing. One thing came across the galaxy to her anyway.

"Snips."