Chapter 33

When the Resolute was finally there, everyone sighed in relief. Except Ahsoka, of course, who was still unconscious.

Anakin flew the shuttle into the hangar and gently picked up Ahsoka. Careful not to hurt her even more.

As they left the shuttle and entered the hangar, all eyes were on them.

Every clone in the hangar was happy that Ahsoka, their commander, their little sister, was home again. Safe and sound.

Then they saw her injuries.

The five torrents that were in the hangar immediately ran towards the small group. The other clones could barely keep themselves from it.

"Who did that?" asked Fives with clenched fists, while the others stared at the young Togruta with concern.

"I'll go tell Kix," Coric shouted in between and ran off.

Anakin ran after him. With Ahsoka on his arms he wasn't as fast as Coric, but barely half a minute after him, he was there.

Kix took Ahsoka from him immediately and brought her to the medbed.

Then he threw Anakin out.

The young Jedi was not at all enthusiastic about it, but for Ahsoka's health, he left the room.

After all, he didn't want m standing in Kix's way.

Rex and Lou also stood anxiously in front of the door.

Where Obi-wan had stayed, nobody knew except maybe himself.

But Anakin didn't care about that at the moment. The only thing on his mind was that Ahsoka would get fine again.

Mentally and physically.

He wondered if Kix could do something against her 'amnesia'?

He hoped so.

There was a chance, after all.

Was there?

Anakin ran up and down nervously. And up and down and up and down.

Rex only shook his head over it, although he would have liked to do the same.

And Lou sat in the corner of the corridor, quiet and alone with her thoughts.

She was sure Ahsoka would pull through.

She hadn't known her for long, but she had come to know the willpower of the teenager.

She had let Ahsoka into her heart.

She had helped all the children with her old 'master' out of pity.

But she looked up to Ahsoka.

Ahsoka had given her back her will.

Ahsoka had guided her to her (stupid) escape attempt.

After that, Ahsoka had given her back her hope.

Ahsoka had seen without her eyes that there was always an escape.

Ahsoka had taught her not to give up.

Not to despair.

"You can do that soka," she murmured so silently that no one could hear.

And yet she nearly put her hand over her mouth.

She didn't want to talk. Actually, she didn't even want to talk to Ahsoka.

She had sworn to herself when she was six years old when they killed her mother and took her away.

That no matter what they would do to her, that she would not reveal her voice. Never.

So a small part of herself would still belong to her. And ONLY to her.

And still she had talked to this little Togruta.

Well, apparently 'giving hope' does not count as everything.