Chapter 77

Every good time has an end.

Ahsoka didn't know that, however, as she climbed around in the tree in the morning to pick fruit.

She had been up in the tree with her sister for a good week now, and she was just happy.

The two siblings were one heart and soul.

Every now and then, her sister would even take her for a ride through the air.

Ahsoka's wounds were only a shadow of their former self.

Of course, she was still covered in them, but some things had changed.

The smaller cuts had already healed, and there were hardly any of her bruises left.

The larger injuries had healed somewhat, however they were still there and Ahsoka greeted every morning with pain.

Yet with the smaller injuries gone, she felt so much better.

But her broken and bruised bones hurt all the more.

Absolutely non bone seemed to have decided to heal, and even her vision was only a dark gray. Didn't seem like her eyes or ribs were planning to heal anytime soon.

Ahsoka ran with her arms full of fruit back to the branch where her nest was and placed them inside.

She hadn't been hungry since she had been here either. Her ribs still stood out clearly under her pale skin, but that was because the short time she had been here had not been enough to make up for the tremendous lack of food during the previous time.

As long as her stomach stopped growling, Ahsoka was happy.

She balanced along the branch, up to its tip, and launched herself with a skillful jump onto the next tree.

She loved to jump over the crowns of the huge trees, as if it was all just a game.

Agilely she climbed to the top, and jumped over to the next one.

But she did not land there.

In mid-flight, two clawed paws wrapped around her upper arms, pulling her further up.

Ahsoka laughed as she was carried into the sky by her sister.

There was no feeling more beautiful.

The animal above her also let out a joyful yell.

And that was the moment fate had picked.

A shot swept through the air, hitting the claws of the winged creature.

Without being able to do anything about it, it loosened its grip on Ahsoka's arms, all feeling in its paws having suddenly left it.

And Ahsoka?

Ahsoka suddenly found herself at the mercy of gravity as she plummeted in free fall.

Her sister's screams of terror sounded so far away.

She barely noticed the impact as she smacked into crystal clear water.

Though a deep pain ran through her body as more ribs broke.

She didn't move a muscle as she slowly sank below the surface.

Everything inside her stood rigid with shock.

She could not move as the air rushed out of her lungs, and up in bubbles.

The only thing she could see before she lost consciousness was a humanoid shadow rising out of the gray.