Chapter 21

"Revenge is sweet" these words haunted Anakin's mind again and again.

And again and again he had to control himself to not go crazy of worry.

Of course it was the Tusken.

Who else.

And the young Jedi still knew very well what they had done with his mother.

He was afraid for Ahsoka.

She was far too exhausted and hurt to endure this.

And she probably didn't even remember enough to try to escape under her own steam.

What if... no!

She would remember.

And Anakin was also sure that he had been lied to.

Right.

They had played him. They knew it was him from the beginning, and made Ahsoka look extra... lost.

That she looked more broken than she was.

Surely she would recognize him.

The Twilight, R2, Obi-wan, and Rex. Yeah, all he had to do was take her there.

And to do that, he had to get her back from the Tusken.

His speeder had gotten stuck in the sand miles back, so he now fought his way forward on foot.

Always in the direction he sensed Ahsoka's blurred and weakened presence in.

Thirst was already plaguing him and sand was already sticking everywhere.

Sand.

Why sand of all things?

He hated sand.

And thirst... he had something to drink.

A bottle full of clean water, but he never touched it.

With all his self-control, he even force himself to not even take a sip.

It was ment for Ahsoka.

Judging by the way she looked, she needed it so much more than he did.

So he didn't drink, but went on and on.

A tracking device in his pocket.

He got it from Ryak. If he should leave the planet, or get into a spaceship some other way...
that would be the end of Ahsoka.

So Anakin did not do that either.

He would never willingly do anything that would endanger Ahsoka.

His sister.

Slowly, the light lowered until it was only a thin stripe above the horizon.

A thin stripe that made the sand that Anakin hated so much shine red and gold.

Despite the circumstances Anakin had to smile at this picture.

As if the sun would give him hope.

A few stars already shone through the sky and the two moons shone with the last rays around the competition.

Ahsoka would have liked this view.

Despite war and hate, even though she was an impatient teenager, she had a flair for art.

For beauty.

And for colors.

Anakin short-circuited his holo-projector while running, so he could use it as a camera.

That would make Ahsoka smile.

It would sweeten her time at the med center, which would surely follow this adventure.

But now he had to get her out of there.

Save her from the Tusken and their desire for revenge.

Then he could think about something else.

Most likely how he could get Ahsoka to stay at the med station.

In the distance, he already saw the Tusken village.

"I am coming Ahsoka. Hang on a little longer."