Chapter 82

Osane did indeed come.

She turned out to be a young woman who arrived with a basket full of herbs.

She carefully tended to Ahsoka's wounds.

She knew exactly what she was doing, Ahsoka was sure.

Osane's movements were gentle but firm, and Ahsoka didn't even flinch under her treatment.

The young healer carefully rubbed an ointment on her back, where the deeper wounds of her captivity still hadn't healed.

Ahsoka knew there had been the time of captivity, but it was so fuzzy.

As she had told Elise. Only the time since she had woken up in the meadow was crystal clear.

"That looks like whip lashes" Osane just stated as she reached for more of the ointment.

Yes.... vaguely Ahsoka remembered. That was true. But the fog wouldn't lift. And it only stretched back some time, too. Before that... nothing. Only blackness.

"Everything okay?" asked Osane kindly from behind as she continued to work.

"Yeah... Just trying to remember," Ahsoka muttered.

The healer continued to work.

"Your wounds will heal again." she explained to her when she was done.

"Many of them are still deep, but none are fatal. Fortunately. A few infected, but that should get better with the ointment now. Your rib should be better quickly, too. I treated the other fractures, but they were untreated for so long that it may take a while for them to heal completely. You just need rest. And above all food. You are far too malnourished." she summarized briefly.

"I'll leave some of the ointment and some bandages here. Apply them regularly, will you?"

Ahsoka nodded. Then she followed Osane outside.

Luca was already waiting there. Thomas and Elise's son.

Osane gave him a friendly nod and set down a few things, bandages and ointment presumably, before leaving the house.

Luca smiled in Ahsoka's direction. "Would you like to come outside?" he asked her. Ahsoka nodded.

Together they walked outside and Ahsoka closed her eyes as the warm wind brushed around her lekku. It was late summer, as Luca had enlightened her earlier. Soon it would get colder again.

The two sat down together on the wooden veranda. And as Luca's gaze swept across the plains, Ahsoka tried to see it with her strange Sense.

She sensed the life of the corn plants, of the forest that bordered the house, and the animals in the barn. She felt Thomas who was chopping wood in the back and Elise who was hanging up the laundry.

But she could not see.

The weird energy told her what was where, it didn't give her the ability to let her eyes fly over the landscape, to show it all as one dreamy painting.

Ahsoka turned her gaze to Luca as joy spread through her.

Joy for him to be able to see it.

His signature was shining bright and innocent.

Another life that deserved to live.

Another good soul.