Chapter 76

Ahsoka calmed down again after some time.

The wings of her sister, were like an arm soothingly placed around her, and had held her as long as she needed to let her tears dry up.

After that, the two of them had continued as before.

That was the beauty of the world of these animals.

There was no yesterday, no past. They could forget what they didn't want to remember.

Just skip it in their minds, and go on as if nothing had ever happened.

And while Ahsoka returned to her golden world, filled with love and caring, Anakin Skywalker sat alone and lost in his quarters.

He had been searching the planet Palpatine had told him about for weeks now.

But no sign of his Padawan.

He had tried with the Force.

But he could not grasp her bond because of an incredible Force vortex that made his senses spin in circles until he was dizzy.

He couldn't do it anymore. Where was she? How was she doing? Was she even still alive?

No. He couldn't think about that at all.

Of course Ahsoka was still alive. It was his snips. His Ahsoka. She survived everything. He would find her. He would bring her back. And then finally. Finally, everything would be okay.

He was already looking forward to it.

Now he just had to make sure it became truth. He had to save her.

What kind of horrors was she going through right now?

Was she starving? In Pain? Certainly.

She must be feeling so lost and alone.

If only he could tell her that he was looking for her.

If only he could find her.

How could he have lost her again?

Why had he been so stupid.

Enraged, Anakin stood up and punched the wall.

The sense of the blow went all the way up his bone, and his spinal cord.

How could he have been so stupid.

He leaned his head against the cold wall and sobbed.

He missed the laughter of his Padawan. Her sayings, and her smile.

He missed it all so much that it caused him physical pain.

Tears streamed from his eyes as he let himself slide to the floor and slumped down, crying.

He needed her.

He needed her so desperately.

It was so selfish of him to think now of how much he needed her, and not how much she might need him, but he couldn't help it.

There was a time when he didn't want a Padawan. There was a time when he would have wanted to get rid of her so badly.

But now?

Now he could no longer imagine a life without his Snips.

And he knew that the whole 501st felt the same way.

They had to find Ahsoka again.

They just had to.

The boys needed their little sister back, and so did he.

She may only be seven years younger than him, but it felt like he had seen her whole life journey.

He had been with her since she had taken her first steps out of the safety of the temple.

Until now.