Chapter 100

Time passed in a flash.

Soon the snow melted, revealing the world, which was immediately taken over by flowers.

Every free inch of the ground was covered by them, so that the world seemed to overflow with colours.

Ahsoka listened often and long to Luca's tales of the surroundings, wishing so much to be able to see it with her own eyes.

Three quarters of a year she counted, she was already on this farm. Nine wonderful months.

The two of them ran across the meadows laughing, mostly to catch each other because the other had played some kind of prank.

Finally they were able to climb on the rocks again and also the treetops they claimed as their own again.

But right now they just followed Thomas into the forest. Luca carried his father's axe.

They needed firewood.

Ahsoka had already come along quite a few times to fetch firewood and she looked forward to it.

Mostly, she and Luca gathered the smaller wood from the ground, while Thomas took larger branches from the trees

Thomas took the axe from Luca shortly after, and began his work while the children ran off to gather branches.

Soon they had stuffed a large pile into the basket that Thomas had brought along especially for this purpose.

At that moment, Ahsoka sensed something.

As if frozen, she stopped and dropped the wood.

Because what she felt there, she knew.

She looked up to the sky and recognized the silhouette of her sister, even before she heard her squeal.

But the squeal was also heard by Thomas.

"Get away kids!" he shouted, pushing the two out of the way while reaching for his rifle in the same breath.

He always had it with him for that.

Ahsoka cried out in horror.

"No! Don't shoot her!" she screamed, but a shot had already come out of the rifle.

Ahsoka jumped up and tried to throw Thomas to the side, but he stood there like a stone.

"Those birds are dangerous" he explained to her. But Ahsoka didn't want to hear that.

"They're not! She saved me!"

She sensed her sister far away. She had fled in fear of being shot. At least she was safe now.

But then something else became clear to Ahsoka.

"It was you, wasn't it? You shot at her when we flew together?"

Thomas said nothing.

"Was it you?!" Ahsoka cried out desperately.

"I was trying to protect you. The bird had you in its claws."

Ahsoka's eyes welled up with tears.

Then she turned and ran.

"Wait!" she heard Luca's voice roar behind her.

She sensed he was trying to follow her.

But she was faster. Much faster.

Tears leaked from her milky white eyes and ran down her cheeks as she stumbled through the forest.

On and on. Just further.

As far away as possible from those who had shot her sister.

Her fingers clutched the note in her pocket, which she had taken along because of a bad feeling that very morning.

Her time on the farm had run out

Her life went on.