Chapter 50

Palpatine couldn't help but smile.

According to his spy, Anakin Skywalker was about to break.

He was closer to the dark side than he had ever been. And why? Because a little girl was no longer herself.

It was almost as if the universe had decided to serve him the goals of his plans on a silver platter.

He thought he would have to wait years, but no.

All the precise and elaborate plans, yet all he had to do was whip a Padawan.

His features contorted into a broad cruel laugh.

He just had to make sure that the girl would never be the same again. That she kept her fear of Skywalker and best of all that Skywalker saw every day anew what had been done to her.

Why break Skywalker when you could just crush his padawan under your heel.

Palpatine took out his com and put on his black hood.

It took his spy only two seconds to respond.

Sidious stared into the latter's brown eyes with undisguised victory.

"See to it that Skywalker's pet remains broken. Make her cower in fear of him to the farthest corner. Prevent her from regaining her strength, remembering, or building trust. She is to hate and fear Skywalker. Understood?"

The spy nodded.

"Not you, though. Neither me. Tell her lies, or however you want to do it. And keep her alive."

The spy nodded again.

Palpatine ended the call. This was his triumph. At last... At last, Skywalker would fall.

__________________________

Meanwhile, a certain spy was making his way.

He left his quarters.

Went into the hangar and opened his special hidden box.

Took out the poisons he was looking for.

Locked the box. Hid it again.

Slipped into the med station.

Sent Kix out with a lie.

Took the Togruta medicine. Dumped in pain-inducing drugs.

Took the nutrient concentrates that Kix mixed up especially for her so that she would soon feel better.

Mixed in emetics.

Oh yes, for now, each of the healing attempts would backfire.

Skywalker had no chance to help his padawan.

And with her suffering, he would break.

And the Sith would win.

The spy moved on. He picked up a knife.

A sharp, beautiful, shiny knife.

He would teach the Togruta how evil her master was.

She would soon hate him with all her mind.

Fear him with all her soul.

And only hope to get away.

The spy went on his way. It was evening. The Togruta would be in her quarters.

She would hold Lou's little blue butterfly in her hand and mourn for her lost friend. Her lost sister.

She would hear him coming. But not see him.

Her blinded eyes had worsened again. And with veils of tears, her vision would be completely gone.

But as soon as he would enter she would brush the tears aside.

And then. Then she would see the knife. Before she would see his face.

And he would teach her.

And she would learn. Learn what it meant to feel terrible fear.