Chapter 56

Anakin hit his head against the wall.

He could take no more.

He couldn't watch her being broken like that anymore. It just wore him down.

He was not aware of how stable his Padawan's mentality was compared to days past.

Not the slightest.

Someone else was.

Furious, Darth Sidious paced back and forth in his office. This brat was driving him crazy!

Why couldn't she just stay broken?

What in the galaxy was it that still gave her the strength to stand up again?

Why did she manage that?!

He had to make sure that she was set back in her progress. He had to make sure that she reached the lowest point.

So deep that it could go no deeper.

And then he had to make sure that she stayed right there.

Lost, abandoned, alone. Down to the bottom of her soul.

The only question was how he should do that.

How did one break a Jedi?

Besides driving her to the edge of sanity with pain, he couldn't think of anything.

And he was quite sure that it would not bring much with the small Togruta.

Angrily he kicked his chair.

What was it about this girl that he didn't understand? What was it that kept her up?

If he could only figure it out, then he could destroy it.

Was it Skywalker? No. Her trust in him was broken.

The clones? She saw them as a threat.

This girl she trusted? Was dead.

She had no friends left...

Gil!

He himself had ordered the clone to befriend her, should that have been a mistake?

Had he been enough for her to stand back up?

Then he would only have to take him away from her.

Or was it the force?

He knew what a strong ally it could be.

But enough to pull her out of her despair?

He didn't know the light side well enough. Not when it came to situations like this, she was too foreign to him for that.

What if he just took both from her?

Gil and the force.

Preferably all the connection she had to her green-blue friend, too.

Should he add one more on top?

Yes, that would probably be best.

He would crush her soul between his fingers, and Skywalker would have to watch.

A cruel, very cruel smile stretched across his face.

He was so close to victory. A weak little Padawan would not stand in his way.

The brat had neither the power, nor the strength, nor the will, nor the courage.

She was just a little child that he used for his plans, like so many beings before her.

These beings hadn't been able to do anything about it, and she wouldn't either, end of that.

Even though he had a very bad feeling about the whole thing.

She was just a kid, he overestimated her by a long way, he told himself and sat down on his table.

Then he took the comlink and called his spy.

"Deliver Ahsoka Tano to Dooku. I'm sending him."