Order 66

Okay, actually it's just a normal chapter, but I couldn't withstand the opportunity. Have fun.

The surroundings became more and more beautiful as her senses widened.

She could hear the heartbeats of those beings that roamed around her clrmearer, smell the wind.

And the wind grew stronger.

The more she concentrated, the stronger it blew through the forest.

The brighter the colors she created in her mind, the more precise the image, the stronger it swept around.

Ahsoka remained unaffected. Silent and still, she sat in the middle of the clearing, surrounded by nothing but nature, life and death in perfect balance.

And then, at last, she felt it again.
Like threads interwoven into an infinite web, this feeling hung in the air. It surrounded her, it penetrated her. It penetrated everything.

She knew it was there. She could feel it. She was quite sure.

It was there. She just had to reach for it.

She reached out, but not a muscle on her body moved.

It was not her hand that reached out, it was her mind.

Just as battered as her body, it reached out for the force like if it would be a lifeline.

But as if held by invisible ties, she did not make it there.

Something was holding her down. Ties that she was not able to loosen.

What was it that prevented her from reaching for it, even though it was so close?

Was it the poison from the dark man?

Had he been right after all? Could she never reach it again?

But then why did she find it again? If she was cut off from it, how could she feel it brush around her?

The problem lay deeper. Not only was the poison stopping her, but something else. An invisible wall, of invisible energy.

She felt inside herself, slipped inside her own head, and traced the wall to its source.

It sat deeply embedded in her own mind, building this barrier between her and her goal.

Why did she herself create a blockade against this power she missed so much?

Why did she want to shield herself from it, if it was something as good as she had sensed it as before?

Perhaps out of fear?

Was she afraid of it?

She was not sure.

No, she was not afraid.

What was it then?

What was stopping her.

She just had to solve it, didn't she?

Something inside her resisted.

Her own mind was saying 'don't do it', although it was what was shouting 'do it'.

Confused she dove deeper, not letting this little knot in her mind slip from her concentration.

But instead of coming to a conclusion, her thoughts only screamed at each other.

What was she going to do?

She wanted to solve it. To untie this knot in her mind.

It sat like a ghastly boil in her midst, seeming to make her sick.

No, rather hiding her from the truth.

She decided to solve it. Her concentration wavered around this point,

And then... then she did the one thing all the Jedi masters had constantly warned her against. The thing she didn't remember them warning her about.

She let her mental barriers slide.

All of them.

Completely.