Chapter 44

Ahsoka ran. As fast as she could.

Togrutas have good ears. She had heard what had happened.

And she didn't care if she got in trouble for running.

If they hit her. Kicked, electrocuted. She didn't care about any of that.

She just wanted to get to Lou.

She hadn't remembered the way, but her feet found it by themselves.

Only slowly did the medical station come into view. She quickened her pace even more. Then she was on the floor.

She had tripped over her own feet because she had not been allowed to run for so long.

Quickly she picked herself up again. Her knees were smeared red because her fall had reopened the scabbed-over wounds there.

She stumbled the last few meters to the medical station and pulled open the door.

Lou lay pale on the bed. Ahsoka was immediately at her side.

She shook her friend gently. But unfortunately, there was no reaction. "Lou... please wake up..." she murmured.

No answer to that either.

Carefully, the young Togruta stroked through the teenagers glistening hair.

She could finally see Lou properly. Even if her eyes still occasionally trolled her.

This time they didn't. She saw the girl's pale narrow features, and her exhausted expression.

The small figure.

"Please wake up. Lou please" the young girl whispered again.
"Please please."

Then she could no longer hold back the tears. In streams they flowed down her cheeks.

Then the door opened.
Everything inside her contracted. Now she would get her punishment.

Fear rose in her, but she did not move a millimeter from Lou's side. After all, she had no idea if she would see her again so soon.

Her master would certainly not allow her to do so after this disobedience. So she would do it at least as long as she could.

She heard footsteps approaching. Her heart began to beat faster.

They were slow and careful. Maybe he thought she hadn't noticed him yet and wanted to scare her? Surprise her with the pain?

Her hands began to sweat.

The footsteps came closer.

She didn't let go of Lou's hand, but inside she prepared herself for the pain.

The tears in her eyes still did not stop.

Lou still lay motionless.

The footsteps stopped. Someone was standing right behind her.

Instinctively, and even if she couldn't put it in place, she sensed who was standing there.

She swallowed. It wasn't just any of the men in white armor.

It was him. Her master himself.

She was in a hell of a lot of trouble. And she still didn't regret it.

This was going to be painful.

She noticed how he moved behind her.

She wondered how he would punish her? Shocks? The electric whip? Or simple punches?

Would she still be conscious afterwards?

Most likely not.

She bit her lip and forced her thoughts to be silent.

She would get through this silently.

But nothing of what she expected came.

Anakin Skywalker simply wrapped her  up in a tight embrace.