Chapter 25

When Anakin flew over the finish line he felt an endless relieve.

He had made it.

He had won.

Ahsoka would be free again.

He imagined her face when she would stand on the bridge of the Resoult again, although she belonged on the medi station and claimed she was fit again.

This image brought tears to his eyes.

He got out and walked towards Ryak.

The man was already waiting.

"I have done what you want. Now give me back my Padawan," the young Jedi said.

Ryak grinned maliciously, which only increased Anakins nervousness.

"Then come."

And with that he left.

Anakin followed.

He was brought into a large hall, where some slaves were working, and was told to wait there.

5 standard minutes later, two guards came with Ahsoka.

She hardly looked better than when he last saw her.

Her look full of fear.

Fear of him.

And yet.

She was the only 'slave' in the entire hall who did not keep her gaze lowered.

Who looked up.

In her eyes, hidden behind the fear, a spark of hope, fighting spirit and strength.

She was not yet broken.

Her fire was not extinguished. Only buried.

And a spark remained.

"Your new master" said one of the guards and pushed the Togruta to her knees before Anakin.

"Go on. Greet him," said the other.

„A... at your service, master" Ahsoka stuttered.

Anakin pulled her up gently, put one hand on her shoulder, and led her to the exit.

There he contacted Rex.

"Rex, I have her. But there is a small problem. You'll know when we get there."

"Is something wrong, master?" Ahsoka asked.

But the next moment, she sucked in a sharp breath, bit her lip, and lowered her head.

She had noticed her 'mistake' herself. She had talked without being asked.

"Everything's fine Snips. We're going to the ship. Come on." he went on.

Halfway along the way, Ahsoka suddenly stumbled and fell.

But before Anakin could help her up, or react in any other way, she had picked herself up again and walked on, even though a little more unsteadily.

The young Jedi sighed slightly.

"Wait a minute." She stopped immediately.

In her look still lay fear.

Fear that he was punishing her for falling down.

That she could not go on.

That she was exhausted.

"All is well. You have done nothing wrong," Anakin said and raised his hand reassuringly.

But it did not calm her. On the contrary.

When he raised his hand, she flinched.

For fear of a punch.

Slowly he walked towards her and lifted her up.

She trembled.

But when after fifteen standard minutes nothing had happened except that he carried her, she relaxed a little.

"You see? All is well," Anakin said and set her down shortly before the shuttle.

"You don't need to be afraid,"

The fear had not disappeared yet.

Not even close. But now she was free.

Everything would be fine.