Chapter 93

Luca and Ahsoka had still made it home.

But Luca had a much harder time than Ahsoka.

When they finally arrived, they first had to survive Elise, who almost hugged them to death because she had been so worried.

Ahsoka, who was absolutely not used to such gestures, was like frozen.

Then, after Elise was absolutely sure that the two had made it back safe and sound, she sent them upstairs to put on something dry while she made them some soup.

Half an hour later the two were lying in their warm beds with full stomachs and Luca blew out the candle.

"Good night" he said in the direction of Ahsoka's bed, Thomas had crafted her one, "Good night Luca" he got back.

And shortly after, the two were fast asleep.

Luca dreamed of how he and Ahsoka would play in the snow the next morning, Ahsoka dreamed of a faraway place in a time gone by.

Ahsoka dreamed of the temple.

She was on the training level with Taria Damsin.

Team green against team blue.

It was a wonderful dream.

It was only the ending that made Ahsoka drive from her sleep with a scream.

Taria turned over. Blood was running from her nose. The environment changed and they were on a planet. In a small village that was surrounded by ray shields.

Her eyes rolled upward and she fell to the ground.

A bearded man saw it. He screamed for her. He ran over, knelt on the ground next to her, and felt for her pulse.

Then he lowered his head and stroked her eyelids with his hand to close them.

Ahsoka sat upright and gasped as she awoke.

Luca had noticed her panic immediately and was at her side in an instant.

"Are you okay?" he asked gently, stroking her back softly.

Ahsoka nodded slowly. "Yeah..." she murmured, "just a nightmare."

Her gaze was far off in the distance.

She sat there, but her mind was elsewhere.

He flowed through the Force, desperate for answers.

But he found nothing but mist.

Fog, fog, and fog. Uncertainty ate into her body and twisted her guts. Seemed to be a huge bubble inside her that would burst her open from the inside.

She needed to know who she was.

She wanted to know who she was.

But she didn't know.

Luca gently took her in his arms as she turned to him, crying.

"I'm here for you. It's going to be okay." he whispered softly in her ear, still stroking her back soothingly.

"I won't let you down, okay? I'm going to take care of you. It's all going to be okay."

He held her in his arms for a long time.

An hour. Maybe two. Maybe even three.

The sun had already risen again when Ahsoka finally sat up and wiped the many tears from her face.

"Thank you Luca" she murmured softly and smiled wanly.