Chapter 94

It turned out to be a wonderful day in the snow. They had to go out through the window first because the door was completely snowed in, but then the fun could begin.

The very first thing they did was have a snowball fight.

Not very long though, because they found out very quickly that Luca was not able to hit Ahsoka, while Ahsoka's snowballs always hit their target without exception.

"You're damn good, you know that, right?" Luca asked after a while, covered all over with snow.

Ahsoka grinned. "Apparently."

Then they moved on to building snowmen.

And snow droids, at least Ahsoka did.

She built a little astromech. At least that's what she thought she remembered those little robots were called.

"He's a cute one. What's his name?" asked Luca, when he spotted the snow creature.

Ahsoka thought about it. Astromechs had numbers, didn't they? What was she going to name the little one?

"Um ... R2 ... D2" she then decided. Luca smiled. "Hello R2D2" he greeted the snow droid.

"Beep beep," Ahsoka returned with a laugh.

Luca grinned also broadly.

He himself had only seen droids in the city so far and he found these little moving metal creatures incredibly cute.

"What are we going to do now?" asked Ahsoka, stroking the 'head' of the little 'droid.

"We could build an igloo" suggested Luca.

"Sounds interesting. What is it?"

"Uh well, a house made of snow. Or rather a hut. You sort of build bricks out of snow, put them on top of each other, and then stabilise the whole thing with snow again. And then you have an igloo." he explained.

Ahsoka's nod was enough and immediately the two got to work.

It took a long time to build the snow bricks, because they kept sinking into the snowy ground.

Finally, the two first trampled a surface of snow, before they began to build on it. And lo and behold, soon there was the beginning of their igloo.

"Last year I got to spend the night in the igloo I built," Luca said as they began the third layer of snow bricks.

"Maybe we'll get to do that again. We just have to ask dad."

Ahsoka nodded enthusiastically. That sounded great.

"But won't it be too cold?" she wanted to know.

"Oh, no. It's always cozy and warm in the igloo. Totally awesome, you'll see. We just have to get sleeping bags. But we still have some in the attic." Luca said, while he put another handful of snow on the igloo.

"We'll eat our dinner inside and take pillows and blankets along to make it really cozy."

Ahsoka smiled. That sounded like a super evening, she was looking forward to it.

The igloo was already half finished and it was really fun to build it.

Ahsoka built the brick firmly, took a step to the side to avoid Luca's snowball coming from behind and used the snow from this one, it was slapped directly against her brick, to secure the latter even stronger.

Luca cursed. "I really can't hit you, can I?"

Ahsoka grinned broadly. "You'll have to do better than an obvious ambush".

They both laughed full heartily and continued building the igloo.