Chapter 46

"We may have found something that can help her," Kix said.

Anakin exhaled in relief. They would be able to save Lou.

"Where is it?"

"On a small moon called Qweil. It's a plant that grows very rarely there. Shinsa is its name. Its seeds may be able to help her"

"I'll go get them"

Anakin disappeared out the door. If those seeds would save Lou, then he would get them.

Otherwise he would lose both of them. Lou and Ahsoka.

And he would never let that happen in his life.

He swung into his fighter as fast as he ever had.

"I'll be gone a for a bit." he radioed to the Admiral, and before the admiral could say anything back Anakin was already out of the hangar and in hyperspace.

"Well then. It won't be that hard," he muttered.

Then he remembered Reeksa and the blue shadow virus and realized he was wrong.

It could be hard.

He just hoped it wouldn't be, and took out his holo to check if the plant had fangs.

It didn't, fortunately for him, but it had a few poisonous spines.

Was not much better, but at least the plant would not be able to lunge at him.

The small moon was already coming into view, which gave Anakin a small glimmer of hope.

He would just fly down quickly and get the seeds.

Then get back in the fighter and fly back.

Give the seeds to Kix, who would save Lou, and then everything would be fine.

He approached the surface and carefully, yes carefully, landed the ship.

He even managed it without a crash landing this time.

Or controlled crash as he also liked to call it.

Oh how he missed Ahsoka's snippy comments.

She had obviously become very important to him after all.

But now he shooed away the thoughts of it, and went on his way.

Just quickly to get the seeds.

He had to fight his way through the many plants of the forest to get ahead, in his case, chop them in two with the lightsaber, until a halfway passable path was created.

Anakin's way. He made good progress, so he took out his holo to look at the Schinsa again.

It was not hard to find. Sometimes he wondered how easy it was to save a life.

Get into a fighter. Fly to a planet. Make a path through the forest. Pick a plant and disappear again.

As simple as he liked  things to be when he was trying to give Ahsoka or his boys confidence.

He smiled at the thought of such moments and continued to plod along.

Keeping his eyes open, of course, for the plant that would save Lou's life.

And Ahsoka's confidence, hopefully, right along with it.

Anakin would love to kill the one who had done all this to Ahsoka again, but of course that was impossible. And even if he could, it would bring him far too close to the dark side.

Nevertheless!

This guy had made a huge huge mistake.

No one was allowed to hurt Anakin's Soka.

His sister.

Then he saw the saving plant.