Chapter 7

Ahsoka didn't say anything at first. She didn't know if she was wrong and he was stupid, or if he had a good reason to make sure she could defend herself.

Her hands were still tied, but the young Togruta knew this would not harm her abilities.

Unfortunately, she had the feeling that the guy before her knew this as well, which couldn't mean well.

Also the dark aura surrounding him in the Force worried her.

"Who are you?" she dared to ask.

"Someone who knows how to break a Jedi," the man said dangerously sure.

Soon after, they arrived at a large house.

The stranger let them enter.

Ahsoka was welcomed by a crippling darkness.

It was pitch black indeed.

Once her eyes had adjusted to the darkness, she could see the silhouette of a staircase.

The eyes of a Togruta were very good. More than very good.

And in the next moment it became very bright.

Ahsoka tried to shield her eyes with her hands, but they were still tied together.

And so the bright light hit her good, yet sensitive eyes directly. Even as she closed them.

Some sounds came from her mouth that came very close to screaming.

Next to her she heard a grim laugh. "That hurts, doesn't it? It hurts a lot. Don't worry if your eyes weren't too good you'll be able to see halfway again in a few weeks. Oh no. You are Togruta. If you're very lucky, you may see silhouettes again in a few years.

"What good is a blind slave who doesn't even do what you say?"

He laughed.

She could tell, even if it was to silent to hear it.

He was no fool. No, not at all. Unfortunately.

"I know very well you do not need your eyes to see little Jedi. "but you do need them to pick locks and unlock shackles, don't you? "Such a thing is so small... too complex for you to perceive in this way."

She bit him.

At that moment, Ahsoka was closer to the dark side than ever.

The pain in her eyes, burning into her brain, fuelled her rage.

"And just like that, I know you will listen to me if I threaten to hurt others," the man continued.

If Ahsoka hadn't felt the panicky signature next to him, she might have ignored that comment. But he threatened someone. And that someone innocent was hurt because of her was something she didn't want to risk.

She'd rather obey this idiot.

And so Anakin Skywalkers padawan stopped fighting back for the first time.

She sank to the ground and tried to ignore the burning pain in her eyes.

Someone grabbed her by the shoulders. The grip was not hard. On the contrary. It was gentle.

Ahsoka felt a friendly, youthful signature.

That someone helped her gently up. She didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. But she didn't fight back. This stranger carefully untied her bonds.