Chapter 37

"Good morning" Lou woke Ahsoka up.

She was more rested than she had been in a long time. Stretching out her arms, she sat up and directly saw the blurred contours that were Lou.

Without further thought, ahsoka hugged her.

"Did you sleep well?" Lou said softly and stroked the lekku of the young Togruta in front of her.

Ahsoka nodded.

"One of the people here brought us breakfast earlier. You want some?"

"Have you had any yet?"

"Yes" Lou had to smile. Even without a memory, Ahsoka stayed Ahsoka and took care of others.

"Then I'd love to have some."

Lou handed her the plate, and Ahsoka took a bite.

It was dinner! Actual real food!

After the second bite, however, Ahsoka felt her stomach tighten, and she had to try not to throw up.

"Too much?" asked Lou, who had also experienced this phenomenon.

Ahsoka nodded. "I never thought it was possible to eat too much," she murmured, "I mean, they always had so much food and I never saw them throw up.

"Yes. I've been wondering how they do it too."

Both giggled. No one noticed the figure in door frames until a careful "Hello".

Immediately Lou put her hands in front of her mouth and cursed inside. Her voice belonged to her! Only her! Well and Ahoska. This man had had no right to hear her.

Rex entered and went to Ahsoka, who shrugged away slightly and pressed herself closer to Lou.

She put one arm around the Togruta and looked at Rex, with a look that definitely said 'what do you want'.

"Hey little one," the clone said to Ahsoka.

"The other boys wanted to know if you're okay and if they could see you."

Ahsoka moved a little closer to Lou. She trembled, barely noticeably, and looked pale.

"Ahsoka, I don't want to hurt you. The others are just worried too. They want to know that you are alright. And you know that they only believe that when they see you."

The teenager looked questioningly at Lou. She nodded encouragingly.

"Are you coming?" Ahsoka asked, so softly that it was almost not heard.

Lou nodded, stood up and extended her hand to Ahsoka. She grabbed it and stood up as well.

Rex smiled happily and led them out of the room.

They walked a little while Ahsoka still held on to Lou. She had held her hand tightly, and always walked a bit behind her.

Lou smiled at her again to cheer her up.

Then Rex decided to try something.

He took the wrong way.

They should have gone left, but he went right. Lou could not know that and followed him.

Ahsoka couldn't know that either. After all, she didn't remember where the cantine was, nor that the boys were always waiting for her there when Kix finally released her from the medical station.

And yet, she automatically pulled Lou in the right direction.

Rex grinned.