Chapter 20

Anakin could hardly stand still when the man finally came back.

He gave the Jedi a data pad on which the price was written.

Not a very small one, but Anakin had not expected that.

He knew how strong Ahsoka was.

She could take so much more than others. But still.

She desperately needed a medic now.

Obi-Wan and Rex, who had landed on Tatooine the day before to pick up Anakin and Ahsoka, waited in the ship.

"All right" Anakin said, returned the data pad and took out the money. Once he had given it to him, he was led to another room.

But when they opened the door, it was empty.

"Where is she?" Anakin nagged. Then he saw the two guards lying on the floor with bloody wounds on their heads.

"Where is she?! Who was that?!" he yelled at the man who had led him here.

Someone had dared to kidnap Ahsoka.

Someone had taken her away, now that he had just found her again.

He could not let that happen.

Above all, he could not leave Ahsoka alone.

She was too weak to resist.

Too confused to leave him a trail.

She was just completely alone.

Desperation rose in Anakin. Desperation and irrepressible fear.

For who could know what whoever had taken Ahsoka would do to her.

"Is this such a stupid trick to cheat on me?!" he yelled at the man next to him, not realizing that he had grabbed him by the collar and pressed him against the wall.

„N... no" he peeped very softly now.

Anakins was finally more than only frightening in this moment.

"Who then?! Who kidnapped my Padawan?!" he yelled when he realized that he had just betrayed himself.

"So a Jedi" meant a voice from the shadows.

Anakin looked at a young man standing in the passage.

"I knew that there was more than a collection behind it.

"Listen. The last one who hurt my padawan, I killed him. So. Where is she?" the man smiled coldly.

"Kill me and their chip will kill all my slaves. Including the Togruta. But it won't do either of us any good if she's out there in the middle of nowhere. Just go save her, I'll support you. But remember, I can kill her anytime I want. With the push of a button. I think three, say four days is a reasonable amount of time. If she's not back by then, I can count her as dead, then I'll blow her chip." with that he went.

And left the young Jedi stunned. When Anakin had regained his control aboutbhimself, he first examined the place where his Padawan had disappeared.

At first there seemed to be no traces. But then he found a sandy, torn, small piece of paper.

And what it said made his blood freeze in his veins.

Even more.

His heart almost stopped when he read it.

The text read: "Revenge is sweet"

That won't happen to youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें