Chapter 24

"Urgh" groaned the young Togruta as she, once again, opened her eyes.

She was unconscious far too often, for her taste.

The first thing she noticed was that she was lying on something very soft.

The exhaustion had not been good for her eyesight, which was still not completely healed, so she could hardly see where she was.

It was white, she was sure of that.

The whole room was white and bright.

There was metal around her hand and ankles. Tight and cold it prevented her from moving. A blanket lay over her. Someone had actually given her a blanket, she could hardly believe it. Pure luxury.

Her wounds still hurt, but not that much anymore.

She felt like she was in heaven. Only her stomach growled, but she had already gotten used to it as much as to breathing.

It was normal.

She would probably have been worried more if her stomach hadn't been growling.

For a moment she just allowed herself to rest, then she tried a first attempt to get out of the restraints.

They didn't give way a millimeter, just send a painful electric shock through her body.

Her next attempt consisted of an exhausted quiet: "hello? Is anyone there?"

No answer.

But then she heard a sound as if someone had pushed a chair aside.

A figure appeared above her, only visible to her, because it was shielding her from the way to bright light.

"Good you're awake. Don't worry. Your next master wants you in working condition and I will see to it."

She nodded slightly to the answer.

Whether a new master was good or bad, she would think about that later.

She was so tired... but still she did not want to give in to sleep.

"You should rest, little one. I hear your new master is quite strict. Apparently he had your predecessors executed for some mistake. They were terribly disfigured." The teenage girl's flinched at the words.

She had already heard about such masters.

And she was almost blind... she would not survive a week.

Now she didn't have to think about whether a new master meant something good or something bad.

Definitely something bad.

Definitely bad.

She was trembling with fear all over her body.

Even though she was used to pain, she was still afraid of death.

"Hey calm down kid. It will be okay. You're not a mimosa, are you?" She nodded, but felt tears form in her eyes.

No.

She wouldn't cry now.

She wouldn't show them her fear.

She forbid herself the tears and looked roughly in the direction the figure was in.

"It can't be any worse than here," the person did not reply.

With her still existing fire, she had really knocked her speech out.

No one could break Ahsoka Tano so easily.

Absolutely no one.