Fifty Four

Perrie's POV

When I woke up, I couldn't wait to see my brunette beauty and annoy her with kisses all day. I could tell that yesterday was bad for her, but she won't talk to me about it. She says she's not going to ruin our anniversary.

It's our freaking anniversary!

A whole year since I fell head over heels for her, and I still haven't gotten up. And I don't ever want to. I turned over to kiss her awake, but her side of the bed was empty. I sat up and frowned, wondering where she was.

I put on my slippers and yawned as I padded out of the room.

"J'adore?" I called out, but got no response. It seemed oddly quiet. I opened Jaden's door. "J, you in there?" I frowned again when I noticed his bed was empty too.

Where are they?

I went back to the room to see if Jade had sent me a text or anything saying they were going somewhere, but my phone didn't have any notifications. I put the phone up to my ear to call, and it rang until it went to voicemail. I called again and got the same thing.

Just as I was starting to worry, I glanced over at the bed and noticed something I didn't see before. There was a single red rose on her pillow, taped to a tiny red envelope.

I don't know how I missed it before. I quickly hung up the phone and sat down on the bed. When I opened the envelope, a few rose petals fell out and my heart fluttered. I pulled out a letter in her beautiful handwriting:

——————

Dearest Perrie,

Good morning, my beautiful blonde goddess. I know that you thought I forgot about today, and I'm sorry I had to let you go on thinking that, because I couldn't have you ruining my plans lol. But, baby, let me tell you something you should know. Not a second of the day goes by when I'm not thinking of you and how much you mean to me. You are never far from my mind or from my heart.

Forgot? Me? Please! I remember everything about you, down to the color socks you had on when we first met (they were green and red btw, despite the fact that they didn't match anything you were wearing and it being nowhere near Christmas lol), and what you ate for dinner that night.

You made shrimp and pasta. It's all burned into my heart. There is no way in hell I would ever have forgotten about today. It's much too important to me. You're much too important to me. I wanted this day to be special, well, because you're special. And it will be, I promise.

You're probably wondering where I am, and the one thing I hate about this is that I didn't get to see my ocean eyes when they first opened this morning. I'm counting the seconds until I can fall deep into them again.

Also, you should know that you are really precious and you look like an angel when you sleep. I have stayed awake nights and just watched you, in awe of your beauty. It's one of my favorite things to do. It's unreal. You're unreal. I still have to pinch myself sometimes to believe you're mine.

Today is gonna be fun! This is the first of many love letters you'll get from me today, and I know you're a softie so get your tissues ready lol. I bet you 50 kisses you're already crying.

My love, go into our bathroom. There you'll find that I've laid out your clothes for the day, ironed them and folded them on the sink. Take one of your long hell-showers, and then put your clothes on. When you're fully dressed, and only then, look in your back pocket.

Jade 🌹

——————

My heart was on fire. I don't know what she has planned for today, but it's only just begun and I'm a mess already. She was absolutely right. The tears started to fall as soon as I read the first sentence. This already is beyond anything I could've imagined this day to be.