Seventy Nine

Um.. so... here's an update.

Jade's POV

My heart stopped and every sound other than the pumping of the blood in my ears faded away. Fear and worry washed over me and I felt like I was drowning. I couldn't breathe.

After the line got disconnected, I called her phone back at least a dozen times and it went straight to voicemail each time.

The sounds of crunching metal and shattering glass played on a loop in my head and I couldn't run from it. I wanted to throw up.

Oh God! Please let her be okay! Please let her be okay!

"I should've never let her out of my sight! I'm supposed to protect her! I promised to protect her! I failed! I let my guard down for one fucking second and now my baby might be gone! I can't do this! I can't live without her!" I yelled to no one in particular. I just couldn't hold it inside.

Feeling as if I were about to pass out at any second, I quickly picked up my phone with shaky, sweaty hands.

"Hello?"

"Leigh, I n-need you t-to come get the kids, p-please." I stuttered in between each breath that I was struggling to get.

"Jade, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" She asked.

Nothing is okay.

"N-no... I don't know... I-" I tried speaking but I couldn't. My heart was in my throat.

"Where's Perrie?" She asked.

"I don't- I- She-" I couldn't even get the words out before I started to cry.

I was trying so hard to hold it together so I didn't scare the kids, but every passing second that I went without hearing her voice, ripped me apart more and more. It was like I could feel her slipping away from me.

"I'm on my way. I'll be there in about five minutes, okay?" She said hurriedly.

"O-okay." I breathed out.

Feeling lightheaded and dizzy, I went in the bathroom and closed the door, so the kids wouldn't see me. I called her phone every second and it just kept going to voicemail.

I started to hyperventilate, and my heart pounded in my chest. I had never found it so hard to breathe in my life. I could feel nearly every organ in my body shutting down and failing to do it's job.

I could feel the blood in my ears and my hands shook so much that I dropped my phone repeatedly. Still, I never stopped dialing her number, hoping it was all a misunderstanding and she would pick up.

Please, baby. Pick up. I really need you to pick up!

There was a tingling sensation in my feet, and I was suddenly finding it hard to see, too. I sat down in the corner, pulled my knees to my chest and rocked back and forth, crying my heart out, wishing I could just rewind the day and never let her out of my arms this morning.

Please be okay! Please be okay!

My chest was getting tighter by the second, and it felt like I was being punched over and over and over again, making breathing so damn hard.

When I heard the doorbell ring, I stumbled to my feet, almost falling back down because I almost couldn't feel them anymore. When I swung the door open and saw Leigh Anne, I couldn't hold it together any longer. I fell into her and started to sob violently.

"Oh, babe. What happened? Come here!" She pushed into the apartment, locked the door behind her and basically had to drag me to our bedroom. As soon as she closed the door and locked it, I lost it.