Eight

Perrie's POV

I opened my eyes and squinted at the sun peeking through the blinds in Jade's bedroom.

Wow, I'm actually in Jade's bedroom.

I realized that while we had separated just a bit, her arm was still draped over my waist.

I tried my best to turn over and face her, without waking her, and succeeded. I laid there, resting my head on my own arm while staring at her.

Admiring her beauty.

The streak of sunlight creeping through the room stretched right across her beautiful face and it took my breath.

Her tan brown skin was smooth and wrinkle free, and the sun only made it glow, and her curly brown hair was spread across the pillow that her head rested on.

Again, I found myself watching her body rise and fall in tune with her breathing and it gave me a calm I could not explain.

I looked at her full lips and all I wanted to do in the moment was kiss her awake. They were slightly parted and I could hear her little breaths escaping.

I reached over and brushed a stray curl from her face and my hand lingered on her cheek a bit longer. I felt a warm sensation in my chest, and I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding in.

I don't know how she did it, what sorcery she performed, or what secret potion I took a sip of, but this woman had my heart. All of it. Like I've known her for years.

As I looked at her, I realized that I would give anything to take away her hurt and make her smile. I would do anything for her. For the rest of my life.

It didn't take much time and really no effort on her part, but somewhere down the line I fell for her.

Falling for someone is not really a choice we get to make. That's why it's so scary. I've always been scared. It's something completely out of our control, but the heart wants what it wants.

Something in me found something in her and latched on, and now I feel a pure and raw connection to her that I can't quite understand and don't ever want to be without.

I'm not sure how long I got to watch her sleep, but soon I noticed her pretty eyes flutter open and her long eyelashes batting at me.

"Good morning, ocean eyes." She smiled at me before stretching and yawning.

"Morning." I returned her smile.

"How did you sl-" She started, but we were both startled when we heard loud banging at the door.

"OPEN THE DOOR NOW, JADE!"

We heard yelling from the outside and we both knew exactly who it was.

She rolled her eyes and got out of bed. "You can stay here, Pez. Let me just see what he wants."

I thought about it for a brief second, but there was no way I could sit there. I didn't trust Jimmy one bit, and he sounded pretty upset. It didn't take long for me to be right behind her.

"What is it, Jimmy? Why are you yelling?" Jade swung the door open to reveal a very angry looking Jimmy.

"I've been calling you all fucking night and morning! Why haven't you been answering my calls?" He yelled.

"My phone died." She replied instantly, but I watched her flinch every time he yelled.

She answered his questions confidently, but I quickly noticed how she appeared to be hiding behind the door a bit. The way he was yelling at her made me feel sick and very angry.