Thirty Eight

I had this song in mind when writing this chapter so I'm gonna suggest you play it in the background ☝🏾🙂

Nobody's POV

Jade pushed Gary's limp body off of her, and slowly picked herself up off the floor. She was shaking like a leaf and feared the worst, as she now knew that Jimmy had Perrie.

I have to get to her. Now.

Quickly a thought hit her, and she grabbed her phone and tucked it in her pocket. She picked up the gun and started to tuck it back into her waistband but paused.

She looked down at Gary in pure disgust. He had managed to attack her while she was distracted by Perrie's message, and they struggled for a bit, but thankfully Jade was quicker than him. She picked the gun up before he could, and didn't hesitate for a second to put a bullet in his chest.

She thought back to how she once thought she had ridded herself of Jimmy, but not quite. And how he's back for revenge.

No way will that happen again.

She pointed the gun at the seemingly dead man, but she couldn't be too sure.

Cross your T's and dot your I's, Jade. There's no room for error this time.

As if she needed any more motivation, her mind flashed to the painful times he and Jimmy took turns doing what they did to her. Disgust crept all over her skin, and without a second thought she fired the gun again and again and again. This time, she put three bullets in his head, just like she promised, with tears blurring her vision.

Son of a bitch. Jimmy, you're next.

She ran out of the house and jumped into her car to follow her earlier thought. After running all of the lights and fucking the speed limits, she pulled into the parking lot of the police station.

This was the last place she wanted to be, but she needed their resources. She hid the gun away in her glove compartment and hopped out of the car, speed walking into the station.

As soon as she walked through the doors all eyes were on her, but she ignored them and ran up to the desk.

"I need to see Officer Pinnock!" She shouted, probably a bit too loudly.

"Ma'am, calm down." The sergeant replied, too calmly for Jade's liking. "Where are you coming from? Are you hurt?"

"I need to speak with Officer Pinnock immediately! It's urgent! Where is she?" Jade scanned the station from her position at the front desk.

"Ma'am, I'm going to need you to—"

"OFFICER PINNOCK!" She shouted, when she saw her pass by through the back hallway.

Jade saw the officer double back and look in her direction with a confused expression. Jade hadn't realized though that she appeared to be erratic, and was making quite the scene, until she felt someone grab her wrist and slap a cuff on it.

"Hey! What the hell are you—" Jade started.

"Uncuff her." Officer Pinnock pointed as she walked up, stopping Jade from swearing up a storm and pissing off the whole station.

As much as they hated each other when they first met, the brunette was actually growing on officer Pinnock, and since she was the only one in the station who was even a little bit helpful in looking for Perrie, Jade felt the same.

"She seems crazy, officer... look at her. Like she's on drugs or something." The officer responded, still holding on to Jade's wrist.

Jade was taken aback, but equally pissed off at the officer for wasting everyone's time. Time that she didn't have.