Forty

Hey there cuties! I hope this chapter finds you well and not sitting with your families or next to grandma... There may be a tiny itty bitty smidge 🤏🏾 of smut in here.... just a tiny bit 😉

Perrie's POV

I feared that Jade may have only been acting like herself for that night and that things would go back to how they were, but I was pleasantly surprised when I went upstairs the next morning to get Jaden ready for school and she was already up, looking at something on her laptop.

She looked absolutely adorable in her glasses. When she heard me come in, she looked up at me over her glasses and quickly closed her laptop.

Pulling herself from under the covers, she crawled to the edge of the bed and held her arms out and looked at me, rendering me speechless.

(Honestly 🥵)

"Good morning, ocean eyes!" She smiled as she held her arms out for me.

My feet walked toward her before my brain even knew it.

"What are you doing up so early? You're NEVER up this early. Oh no, are you sick?" I asked, dramatically feeling her cheeks and forehead for fever.

She swatted my hand away and laughed. "I'll have you know, I'm turning over a new leaf. I'm going to get up early, just like you."

"You can't just decide not to be a zombie anymore." I said, poking her in the nose, and causing her to scrunch her face up.

She rolled her eyes. "Wanna bet?"

I raised a brow at her. "Seriously?"

"I'm serious, blondie." She said.

She pulled her glasses down a bit and looked at me over them, for no reason other than to make me hot.

"How though? You two sleep like the dead." I replied. I was genuinely curious as to how she planned on doing this.

"Jaden actually does sleep like the dead, but I don't sleep as hard as you think I do." She smiled.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I raised my brow.

"Are you gonna bet me first, or no? I can think of a few things I'd like when I win." She said, looking me up and down, and making me blush.

Yeah, my Jade was definitely back.

I put my hand on my hip. "Fine, let's bet. What are we betting?"

"To be determined. Just know you owe me when I win, and IF you just so happen to win, I owe you." She smirked.

"I can deal with that. Shake on it?" I said, extending my hand to her to shake.

She grabbed my arm and pulled me close to her while she was still on her knees in bed.