Fourteen

⚠️ Warning: There's some smut 😉🥵

Perrie's POV

For the past few weeks I've spent almost every day and night at Jade's, and I'd say we've gotten a lot closer. I've basically moved in.

To be honest, I was tired of living with my mom, stepdad, and that asshole Jimmy. I guess this was my way of slowly moving out on my own.

Even though I was staying with Jade, I still felt free. I didn't want her to get sick of me, though,  so I thought it was time to find my own place.

We were both laying on opposite couches watching TV together one stormy night. Jade was doing who knows what on her phone, and I was looking online at apartments.

This was all very expensive and discouraging for me because I didn't even have a job yet. I guess Jade must have noticed me frowning.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She sat up on her couch with a look of concern.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I lied and continued to scroll.

"Don't lie to me, Pez. I think I've gotten to know you well enough to be able to tell when you're not telling me the truth. Really, what's up?" She asked.

I sighed in defeat. She was right. I wore all of my emotions on my face and damn her for learning to read them.

"I was just looking around for apartments and it's all very expensive and discouraging." I sighed.

She slipped her phone into her pocket and got up and came over to join me on my couch. My heart beat sped up and I wondered if she could also read the fact that I'm in love with her, since apparently she knows me so well.

"May I ask why you are looking for apartments?" She looked at me.

I sighed again. "I don't want to stay there with them anymore."

She put her hand on my knee, sending chills up my spine. "Hey. Stop moping, love. I don't know if you've realized it yet, but you haven't stayed there in nearly a month. I'd say you've already moved out."

Have I moved out already?

"You're right, but still—" I started.

"Are you uncomfortable here?" She asked sincerely.

"No, not at all. It's just that I don't really live here. We haven't really talked about it." I replied.

She laughed. "So what were you thinking, that this was just some extra long sleepover?"

I giggled a bit. "No, it's just—are you comfortable with me here? I kind of feel like I'm in the way or invading your space."

She was now sitting cross-legged and facing me on the couch.

"Perrie, love, no you're not in the way or invading my space." She said. "I enjoy having you here. It was always so quiet and lonely before. This can be your space too. It can be our space. There's no one I would rather share it with. You even put up with my random singing, so I'd say if anything that makes you a certified roomie. I'm sorry, I didn't realize we needed to talk about it first."

I turned and folded my legs to mimic the way she was sitting so that we were face to face.

She's so beautiful. I could look into those eyes all day.

"Are you sure, Jade? I really enjoy being here with you too, but I would hate for you to be uncomfortable." I searched her eyes.

She reached out and pushed some of my hair behind my ear and smiled, and I tried really hard not to lean into her touch.