Eighteen

Jade's POV

It had been a few weeks since Perrie had been in the hospital, and I was exhausted from running back and forth from work to sit with her. I finally formally met her mother.

I decided to introduce myself as her friend and the person she's been staying with, instead of one of Jimmy's girls that she had seen occasionally.

No way I was having that other conversation without Perrie, though. Her mom and I had actually grown quite close over the weeks.

She kept me laughing with tons of embarrassing photos and stories of Perrie, and I feel like it also kept her mind off things. I feel like I've learned so much more about Perrie than she would have ever told me.

I woke up extra early today because I was going to spend all day at the hospital with Perrie.

Sitting there in the quiet, just in her presence has motivated me to do more art, so I bring my sketchbook with me and just draw the entire time. I find it to be incredibly relaxing.

For the most part, Perrie's face has gone back to normal, except for the cut under her eye, so it doesn't hurt as much to look at her. Her bones are still healing though. Now she just looks like a sleeping beauty.

I really wish she'd wake up, though. I miss her so much it hurts. I hate that she doesn't know how I feel about her right now. I hate that I wasn't confident enough to tell her that day.

After I showered and ate breakfast, I was gathering my things to head out, when my phone rang.

I hoped it was someone calling to tell me Perrie was up and looking for me, so I ran over to the counter where it was. I sighed when I saw the caller ID said "Jimmy".

"Hello." I said dryly.

"I'm in a good mood today so you have 15 minutes." He said.

"What-"

"Hi, mommy!" My heart swelled when I heard my baby boy's little voice, and I started to cry.

"Hi, baby. I miss you so much! How are you?" I asked.

"Gooood. I need new toys, mommy." He sang.

I giggled. "Why do you need new toys, baby boy?"

"Cause I gave the nice lady my super hewoes. Now I need new super hewoes." He replied.

I furrowed my brows. "What lady?"

"I dunno. She gave me chocolate." He giggled.

I was confused, but decided not to waste time pressing the issue. "Okay, I'll buy you new ones."

"Wite now?" He sounded so excited.

"We'll see." I smiled.

We continued chatting about him, I laughed at a few of his new jokes. 15 minutes passed by so quickly and it was as if Jimmy had a timer set. I heard his voice in the background.

"Bye, mommy. I wuv you this much." He said.

It was so cute that he thought I could see him, but I knew he was spreading his arms as wide as he could. When he used to do that, I would take the opportunity to attack him with tickles and hugs.

God, I miss him so much.

"I love you more, son." I smiled.

"Alright, that's all the time you get. I hope you enjoyed it." My smile turned into a frown.

"Wait! Can I please s-see him?" My voice cracked.

"Nah, maybe some other time." He hung up and my heart dropped.