Forty Six

Jade's POV

"Hiya, Debs!" I said as Perrie and I got to her hotel room.

She pulled us in for hugs one at a time. Perrie had to put a bit of makeup on her neck and face to hide the marks from Debbie because she said they would be very awkward to explain.

She glared at me the entire time she was doing it and I apologized profusely, though I didn't regret it at all. The fact that her mom said nothing meant that it worked. Or that she chose to ignore it. Either way, I could tell Pez was happy to not have to explain it.

I was expecting to be attacked at the door by Jaden, who by the way called me three more times 'for emergency purposes'. When we stepped in though, I spotted my little ball of curls stretched out on the couch.

We sat down and chatted with Debs for a bit since she said he'd just fallen asleep and I wanted to let him nap.

"Good news, girls! I've finally found a house. I move in Tuesday!" Debbie beamed.

"That's so good, mom!" Perrie jumped up and hugged her.

"Good for you, Debs! How do you like it?" I asked.

"It's perfect! Just the right size. And of course I have a spare bedroom for my little guy there." She smiled.

It always made me feel so warm when I thought about how much she loved my baby. And me. How she welcomed him and I into her life in an instant. No questions. Before she even knew Perrie and I were together. Her and her daughter had two of the biggest hearts in the world, so unlike the people I came from. I found myself smiling from ear to ear.

Perrie saw me and smiled herself, putting her hand on my knee and giving it a little squeeze.

"I'm happy for you, Debs. You're overdue for a bit of happiness." I smiled.

"You are just too sweet, Jade." She smiled.

"What are you gonna do when we get that little booger out of your hair, mom?" Perrie asked, pointing to Jaden.

"Other than miss him? I guess watch tv and maybe order some room service." She replied.

"Would you like to come over for dinner?" I asked, and her eyes lit up.

"Oh, I don't want to be a bother." She said.

"Nonsense, Debs.We would love it if you came over." I replied.

"Perrie?" She looked at her daughter for approval.

"Of course, mom! We'd love to have you!" Perrie replied.

"Alrighty then." Debbie smiled. "Let me get my purse."

——————

"Mommy! Mommy! Come watch tv with me!" I turned around just in time when Jaden burst through our bedroom door and charged right at me, nearly knocking me on the bed.

"It's my son. Hold on." I said into the phone, and then turned to him. "What are we watching, baby?"

He tilted his head to the side. "Who is that, mommy? Is it a alergenty?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Um, I guess it could be. It's top secret though." I whispered.

"You know what? Just take care of it, please. Email me. I have to go." I said into the phone before hitting the end button and tossing it on the bed.

"What's the secret, mommy? Can I know?" He climbed on the bed so he could be closer to my ear and whispered. Very loudly.

"Should I tell you?" I tapped my chin. "I don't know, bub. I don't think you can keep a secret."