Eighty Four

Jade's POV

"Mommy, can I have video games for my birthday?" I looked in my rear view to see Jaden bouncing up and down excitedly. I had just picked him up from school and we were a little bit late, but we were finally headed home.

Speaking of Jaden's school, I'm pretty sure before all is said and done, Perrie's gonna end up knocking some sense into Lauren, because she just won't let up. I was sick of it, honestly.

As soon as I got Jaden, I stormed into the principals office to complain and threaten whoever I had to in order to either make her chill the fuck out, or fire her. I shouldn't even have to deal with that every time I go to get my son. And my wife sure as hell shouldn't have to get worked up either.

Now, I've done the responsible thing and told her higher ups, but if the shit continues, I will not stand in Perrie's way. I'll sit down on the curb with some popcorn and watch her tear that girl limb from limb.

I made a mental note to tell Perrie about it later. That's a different story for a different time.

"Sure, baby. Which ones?" I asked, blocking my thoughts about the Lauren situation and smiling at his little cute face. I missed this little booger so much.

"Ummm all of them!" He squealed.

"Like in the whole wide world?" I asked.

"Yes!"

I laughed. "That's a tall order, bub. How about just a few? What three do you want the most?"

I saw him tapping his chin with his face all twisted up, like he was really thinking hard.

"Ummm..."

"You don't have to decide right now, baby. We've got a couple of weeks. Think about it and tell me later." I smiled.

He straightened his face out. "Okay, mommy!"

"Do you want to have a party?" I asked. My phone started to ring, and I hit the button on the steering wheel.

"Can I dress up?" He asked.

"You can do whatever you want, bub. Hello?" I answered as he continued to squeal in the backseat.

"Hi! Just checking on you guys! I thought you'd be home by now." Perrie's voice boomed through the car speakers.

"Mama is loud!" Jaden yelled, covering his ears.

I heard her scoff. "He's got some nerve."

I laughed. "To be fair, the volume in the car was all the way up. We're good by the way. Just had to take care of a small thing. We're almost home." I replied.

"And I'm gonna get all of the video games in the whole wide world!" Jaden squealed.

"Oh?" Perrie asked, clearly amused.

"What did we just agree on, bub?" I asked.

"But we're gonna start with only three!" He smiled.

"And birthday party it is, babe." I added.

"Yes! I love planning parties!" She squealed.

"Great, because I do not." I laughed.

"What? My party was great!" She laughed.

"And very stressful." I added. "Very very very stressful."

"Drama queen. Anyways, get here safe. I miss you guys."

"We miss you too. What are you doing?" I asked.

"Homework." She replied and both her and Jaden made disapproving noises. I laughed. They're both so dramatic.