Seventy Eight

Perrie's POV

"MOMMY! MAMA! WAKE UP!!" My eyes shot open and Jade and I both nearly jumped out of bed when the ear splitting sound of Jaden's scream snatched us awake.

"What is it, baby? What's wrong?" Jade asked worriedly as she sat up to look at him. I was already by his side spinning him around to make sure he wasn't hurt.

He started to cry as he held out his little fist for us to see. He opened his hand and a sigh of relief fell from my lips. I was on the verge of cardiac arrest. In his hand was what looked like a little tooth. By the looks of it, though, I was the only one relieved. The two of them were far from it.

The drama that is my life now. It was like front row seats to a movie.

"IS THAT A TOOTH?!" Jade shrieked. She started freaking the fuck out.

"YES!" He screamed, before falling down and sobbing on the floor.

"WHAT?! OH MY GOD, BABY! LET ME SEE!" I watched her sling the covers off and swing her feet around to the floor before I walked over and sat next to her so I could see too.

"SEE!" He cried, pointing to his bloody mouth.

Sure enough, there was a huge gap where his front tooth used to be. Now, kids losing their teeth is a very normal thing. We all know this and expect it. And sure, it may have been a bit scary for Jaden since he's never lost a tooth before. But my god, it was as if someone had snatched all of Jade's teeth out. She was having a full on breakdown.

"OH GOD! COME HERE!" She cried, opening her arms for him. He jumped up and fell into her tight hug and they sobbed together.

Realizing that I would need to be the one to calm everyone down, I sat in between them, pulled them both close to me and rubbed their backs with either hand while whispering to the both of them. This always worked, and sure enough they both quieted down.

"Jaden, are you okay?" I asked, looking down at him. He looked up at me with glistening brown eyes and shook his head before hugging my waist and breaking down again.

"Jade, are you okay?" I asked her, while still rubbing his back soothingly. She looked at me with exact same eyes. It was freaky sometimes how identical they were. She bit her lip, but nodded.

"Come on, let's go get your mouth cleaned up. Then we can have a popsicle, okay?" He popped his head up excitedly. "We'll meet you in the kitchen." With that, he zoomed off.

"Pez, it's 6am." She whispered to me as we got up completely to follow him.

"He's not crying anymore, is he?" I whispered back. "Do you need a popsicle too?"

She rolled her eyes and we started to walk out of the room.

"He's growing up on us, Pez." She stopped walking and I turned around to look at her sad face.

"Baby, that's normal." I said, pulling her into me for a hug.

"Today it's his tooth, tomorrow it'll be puberty! Then college! I'm not ready, Pez!" She shouted into my neck, starting to get worked up all over again. "He's about to be five! Make it stop!"

His birthday was coming up in another couple of weeks, and if she broke down just now, she's gonna be a mess when he turns five.

"Calm down, J'adore. It's just one tooth. He's still our baby. And when puberty comes, and even college, he'll still be our little Jaden, okay? We'll be those embarrassing parents who won't stop kissing and hugging him."

She nodded and I calmed her down once again before we finally made it out of the hallway to Jaden. We cleaned his mouth and had him gargle with salt water, which he kept drinking for some reason. Then we told him all about the tooth fairy and he got super excited. We had popsicles with the breakfast Jade whipped up, and were now dropping him off at school. Crisis averted.