Seventy Seven

Jade's POV

After I picked Perrie up from work, she went with me to drop my bike off back in Leigh's garage. I was sad to leave it for a whole week, but that was reasonable I guess. She wasn't wrong, I was being stupid and careless, which is why I didn't question her when she told me to put it away.

Or part of the reason why. I'll be honest, it was also because she's scares me sometimes. I liked that about her though. It showed me how much she cared. And it was good to know that she wouldn't have a problem checking me if I needed it. Which I did, sometimes.

We went to sign the papers for the house, got Jaden, took him for surprise ice cream and were now back at home. I was sitting at the kitchen table on my laptop, tying up loose ends with the house, so everything would run smoothly when the time came to move in. I had no idea where Perrie and Jaden were, or what they were up to, I knew they were in the house but they were oddly quiet.

I tried to focus on what I was doing, but I couldn't. It was just a little too quiet. I decided to go make sure there were no fires to be put out. Plus, I missed them and felt like playing with them. They weren't in the living room, so I went to check in Jaden's room. When I opened the door my heart melted at what I saw.

They were both napping. They were ridiculously adorable, laying in his bed, and by the looks of it, they were doing homework. Or trying. There were papers everywhere. In the bed and on the floor. They were snuggled up together, with Perrie laying on her back, and Jaden laying on her chest with his arms tight around her neck and his curly hair covering half of her face.

I picked the papers up and put them in order, seeing that they had actually finished his assignments for today, and smiled. They looked so comfortable and peaceful, but there was no way I wasn't getting in on that. I wasn't even sleepy, but the second I climbed in next to Perrie and felt both of their warmth, I didn't stand a chance.

——————

Surprisingly, I was the first one awake. They must've really been tired. I just laid there and watched them sleep, while thinking. Suddenly an idea popped into my head and I quickly pulled out my phone and texted Leigh.

Me: SOS!

Her reply came within seconds.

Lee Lee: What have you done now?

I rolled my eyes at her negative response.

Me: I pissed off my wife again today and I need to make it up to her.

Lee Lee: Again, Jade?! Seriously 😒

Me: Yes, Judge Judy. Again. 🙄 Where are you?

Lee Lee: In line at the grocery store.

Me: I need a huge favor! I'll owe you my life!

Lee Lee: I'm pretty sure you've said that already, so technically you already do. But what is it?

Me: Can you stop by and get Jaden for me? And take him home with you? I'll get him in a couple of hours. 🙏🏽

Lee Lee: Sure. Me and the kids miss him anyways. I don't know what your plan is, but fix it! You've been married for all of two seconds! 👊🏾

Me: I know! 🤦🏽‍♀️ One more thing!

Lee Lee: Yes, Jade? 😒

Me: I'm sorry, I need you to get out of line and grab a few things for me. Pleaseeeee!

Lee Lee: Fine! 🙄

I quickly texted her the small list of things I would need and got even more excited.