Twelve

Perrie's POV

I sat in my car, parked outside of my house. I was hoping that Jimmy would be here, and to my luck his car was right in front of mine.

My heart raced as I sat and thought. I had no idea what I was going to do, but I wanted to do something. All I know was I wanted him to leave Jade and her son the hell alone. I could try talking to him, but clearly he's not a talker.

He's angry and violent, and I'm sure it'd quickly turn into a fight. I think it upset him a lot more because he wasn't just going to hit me and get away with it. I actually put up a fight. A good one too. I am not the one. I wouldn't consider myself violent, but I can for sure defend myself.

I prepared myself mentally for another fight. Maybe if I beat him to a pulp, he'd leave Jade alone. Then again, she'd never find out where her son was, and I'd probably end up in jail and never see her again.

I was startled out of my thoughts when my phone rang. I looked down at the caller ID and swallowed the lump that formed in my throat when I saw Jade's name. I ignored it. I know she told me to stay out of it, but it hurt me to see her hurting. She called again, and I ignored it again.

Let me do this, Jade.

I went to get out of the car and it rang again.

Shit.

I couldn't keep ignoring her, and I couldn't lie to her.

"Hello?" I picked up, sounding guilty already.

"Perrie, where did you go?" She asked.

"I'm home." I didn't lie.

"Why?" She asked, her voice cracking a little. My heart sank. I think she thought I was running from her. Like maybe she had scared me away. I didn't respond. I couldn't respond. "Why, Perrie?" Her voice got louder this time.

"I just want to talk to him, Jade." I replied.

"Perrie, no. Please come back ho- here. That's not going to get us anywhere." She pleaded.

"How do we know if we don't try?" I asked.

"Don't you think I've tried talking to him? He's an asshole, Perrie. And you talking to him is only going to make him more angry, and I don't want him angry because who knows what he would do to my baby." Her voice cracked again. "He already thinks the two of you are in some sick competition for my attention." I heard her let out an exhausted sigh.

She must be so damn tired.

I sat back in my seat. She was right. There had to be an easier way that minimized her contact with him.

"You're right." I sighed.

"It's late. Come back and we can talk in the morning." She said.

"I'm already home, Jade. I could just go straight to bed right now." I said.

"The last thing that he needs to see right now is you. Don't go in there." She replied.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that she just wanted me to come back to her.

"But he won't-"

"Perrie, please." She said, cutting me off.

I couldn't really tell what she was pleading for, but I hated to hear her sound so desperate and low.

"Okay, I'll be there in a few." I started the car back up and backed out of the driveway.

I couldn't tell if Jade wanted me there with her, or if she just didn't want me here with him. Either way, I was more than happy to go back and cradle her in my arms tonight.