Eighty One

Jade's POV

I hear one more loud knock and my eyes shoot open. I look around me and everything is gone. I'm sitting in my car, hands clutching the steering wheel so tight that my nails have punctured the skin on my hands.

It was all just here! It was all so real! What happened?

I hear the knock again and it feels like it's against my skull. I look to the side of me and see a woman. Someone I've never seen before. She knocks on my window and I recognize the sound. It's the knocking I'd been hearing. With shaky hands, I hit the button to roll the window down.

"Are you okay, ma'am? Do you need help? Do you need me to call someone?" She asked.

I looked around me again in a panic. "W-what- where am I?"

I saw her furrow her brows. "You're pulled over on the side of the road. Everyone said you were probably just napping, but I wanted to make sure."

"Nap- OH NO! W-WHAT TIME IS IT?! HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN HERE?! OH GOD!" My eyes widened, realizing that I must've passed out from how worked up I was.

Was I dreaming all of that? Is there still a chance I can get to her?!

"I'm not s-"

"I really need to go! I need to go!" I said, starting up the car again, my hands still shook violently.

"I don't think you-"

Before she even got a chance to finish her sentence, I stepped on the gas. I saw her jump back a bit and yell after me, but I had to go. I don't even know how much time I wasted.

Please! Please! Please don't take her from me! Please! I'm coming, baby! Hold on!

I still had to pull over repeatedly, either because my tears were blurring my vision, or because I was shaking so hard I couldn't keep the car steady. Or both.

I broke down several times on my way to the hospital.

This again.

We've been here before. She's been nearly dead before. I've been worried sick before. I've been frantically racing to the hospital to get to her before.

The first time, I didn't really know what happened. But this time, I heard it happening. Those sounds were going to be burned into my brain for the rest of my life.

That was a dream? It felt so real. I can't lose her!

I just wanted it to stop. For everyone and everything to leave us the hell alone and let us be happy.

Why does shit have to keep happening to her?

I banged my fists on the steering wheel as I pulled over to have my fourth breakdown since I'd started driving again. Praying that she was okay. The sounds of the crash just replayed over and over and made me feel sick to my stomach.

When I finally made it to the hospital, I parked my car and ran inside and up to the front desk.

"I'm looking for Perrie Edwards!" I said, out of breath and still shaking.

"Ma'am, are you alright?" She asked.

"No! I need my wife! Where is she?!" I yelled, making everyone in the area turn and look at me, but I couldn't care less.

"One second please, ma'am." She did some clicking around on her computer as I stood there, feeling like I was dying slowly. I could hear the ticking of the clock all the way up on the wall, and everything second that passed felt like an hour.