Twenty Eight

Perrie's POV

"Pez, is that who I think it is coming this way?" Jade grabbed onto my wrist, and I could feel her shaking.

This is the opposite of what we need right now. The complete opposite.

"Quick, babe... is there anything suspicious around us? Do we look suspicious?" I asked her nervously. I had to think fast.

"No no... everything looks... fine. Normal even. The ground doesn't look touched at all!" I heard a sigh of relief escape her lips.

As good as that was to hear, now was not the time to exhale. Not just yet. We could have took off running and risked being chased and caught, because let's be honest, I couldn't really run.

Then we'd look even guiltier than we do now. And as if a lightbulb went off in my head, I got an idea.... a very extra idea, but an idea nonetheless.

"Okay, Jade. I have an idea... I need you to play along, okay? We don't have much time." I said.

Thank God I was a quick thinker. I could hear the footsteps approaching and see the glimmer of a flashlight, as it was now dark out.

"What is it, Per—" It took all of the courage I had inside, but her words were cut short by my lips smashing into hers, and my body following suit.

Falling backwards, we crashed into a tree and I was sure her back was out of it.

I'm so sorry, babe.

"Ahhh fuck!" She yelled reaching at her back, and I quickly covered her mouth with mine again.

"Is someone there?!" I heard the familiar voice yell.

"Shit!" Jade jumped and whisper shouted.

"Stay calm, babe!" I quickly wiggled out of my shirt and threw it on the ground.

She looked me up and down, eyes growing to the size of saucers.

"What are you doing?! How the hell am I supposed to stay calm right now, and you're stripping?! You've never stripped before! You choose now!? Where is this—" She whisper shouted again.

"My god, would you shut up, woman!" I whispered to her, cutting her off.

"Well, if you hadn't gotten me all worked up with those kisses... and now you're just tossing clothes every which way. What next? Huh? Am I meant to just—" She was flailing her arms all around, but still whispering at me.

For fucks sake.

I had to cut her off with another kiss, and now the footsteps were so close I could hear the leaves crunching. I pushed her back against the tree, and snaked my hand in the band of her jeans.

"Perrie!" She whisper shouted again, heat clear in her eyes. "You're playing with fire!"

I had to admit, her threatening tone was so hot.

"Relax, would you?!" I whispered shouted back to her.

She opened her mouth to say something back, but as soon as the words left my mouth there was a flashlight bouncing from her face to mine.

I was hoping Jade would give the old deer in headlights look, and she did not let me down. It was as if she read my mind and somebody shouted 'action'.

That's my girl.

"What is going on here?!"

I snapped my head around like I had no idea she was walking toward us this entire time.