Twenty Six

Perrie's POV

"Mommy! Pewwie! Wake up!" I heard yelling, and of course I was awake immediately.

It didn't take much at all. I peeked one eye open in time enough to see Jaden running full speed toward the bed, in his little pjs with his hair all over his head.

I smiled to myself at how cute he was and quickly closed my eyes again to play asleep. I was curious to see how long it would take Jade to wake up.

I felt his little body jump onto the bed. First he jumped on me and started tapping me. "Pewwie? Are you up?"

When he didn't get a response out of me, he rolled off and climbed onto Jade's back. She was sprawled out as usual, laying on her stomach, a leg here, an arm there, hair all over.

No matter how much we cuddled or how tight we held on to each other at night, we always woke up like this. I don't really move when I sleep, so it's mostly her flipping around the bed.

I have actually even woken up to her on the floor before. I still don't know if she fell, or just thought it would be more comfy.

I turned my head slightly so Jaden wouldn't notice, but I finally got the opportunity to see my love this morning, and my god was she beautiful.

I could never ever see myself getting tired of waking up to that. Of course the days when I'd have to actually wake her up, I'm sure I'd want to fight. She slept like an actual corpse.

"Mommy, wake up!" He yelled into her ear.

Nothing. He started to squish her face with his hands, and I tried so hard not to laugh. It was so cute.

"Mommy! Mommy!" He started slapping at her back and she still didn't move.

I couldn't even understand. The woman slept like the dead.

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" He said into her ear and started to kiss her face.

She made a sound and then turned over and grabbed him and wrapped her arms around him. She pulled him under the covers and into bed with us.

As soon as he laid his head on her chest, his little eyes began to flutter closed, and the two of them were back to dreamland. The image set my heart on fire. I guess he wasn't THAT hungry.

I looked over at the clock and it read 6:23 am. I could have easily gotten up and started my day but they were next to me, holding my heart between the two of them, and I couldn't get up without getting in on some of those snuggles.

Since Jaden was laying on top of Jade, I snuggled into her side, burying my face in her neck. Somehow she felt it and opened her arms to wrap them around me too. My head fit perfectly in that spot between her chest and the crook of her neck.

I could see why Jaden fell right back to sleep when she wrapped her arms around him. I immediately felt relaxed and calm.

I felt her kiss the top of my head a few times before I'm assuming she fell back to sleep. It wasn't long before I did too.

Before my eyes even got the chance to open, my other senses were immediately flooded by her. The feel of her cool skin on mine, her soft but wild hair tickling my arm, and her scent.

I loved her scent. For some reason this woman always smelled like cake. I inhaled as much of it as I could at once and smiled to myself. She was my drug.

I opened my eyes and to my surprise they were met with warm chocolate ones, staring right back at me. She smiled, and reached for me to come closer.