Twenty One

Jade's POV

When morning came, I stretched and yawned. The sunlight was peeking through the window, and it definitely woke me up. Something about the day already felt different. Lighter even.

I glanced over and saw Jaden still sprawled out next to me, with his little head tucked into my side. It was already past 10 and he was still out.

Suddenly, I remembered he's a heavy sleeper just like me. I smiled to myself because I was going to enjoy learning and re-learning all of these little things about him.

I rolled out of bed and decided to get a head start on breakfast. I quickly showered, brushed my teeth and threw my hair in a ponytail, letting my curls be semi free. I put on a black croptop and black jeans.

I made eggs, bacon, and of course pancakes. Just as I was pouring orange juice for Jaden and I, the sound of his scream rocked through my entire body.

I put the carton down and ran into the bedroom only to find him sitting in the middle of the bed with tears streaming down his face. I immediately ran over and pulled him into my arms.

"What's the matter, baby?" I asked him, softly stroking his head.

In between sniffles he managed to speak. "I... thought... you... weft... me."

He wrapped his arms around my neck and squeezed tight.

"Awww, baby. I told you mommy won't ever leave you again. You're okay now. Let's go get some breakfast, yeah?" He nodded and I walked him into the kitchen to eat.

After breakfast, we cleaned up and I got him and I dressed for our day out. It was about time I bought him things to get him settled in. We went to the mall and got him a few new outfits, pajamas, underwear, and a new pair of shoes.

Of course he had to be fitted for everything, and I let him give his input on the outfits because I wanted him to be comfortable.

He seemed to be having fun with me, but when we walked by the play area in the middle of the mall, and he saw all of the kids, he hid behind my leg.

"You wanna go play for a bit?" I asked, but he shook his head quickly. "Are you sure? It looks like fun."

Again, he shook his head and grabbed my leg tighter. I definitely didn't want to force him.

"Okay then, how about some ice cream before your haircut?" His eyes lit up as he looked up at me.

"Yes, pwease!" He grinned.

We ate ice cream together while I asked him to tell me new things about himself. As much as a three year old could. He was very chatty, as always, and went on and on about cartoons and toys and how his favorite color was green now.

"You ready for your haircut, bub?" I asked him as we cleared the table.

"Will it hurt?" He cocked his head to the side and the cutest little expression came over his face.

I giggled. "No, baby. It won't hurt a bit."

His hair was currently a little bit past his shoulders, which I didn't mind, but it looked damaged.

"Just take the damaged parts off, nothing too dramatic." I told the barber and she nodded.

She chopped it to about neck length and I loved it. I paid her and we left. Since I had a little bit of money left, as a treat for being such a good boy, I decided to take him to the toy store and let him pick out what he wanted, which made him very happy.

I placed his new car seat in the backseat of my car and put him inside, strapping him in before we made our way to the hospital to see my Pez.

As I was driving I looked into the mirror to see him drifting off to sleep. I must have really tired him out.