seventy-nine.

Four Years Ago

Parker tugged her suitcase behind her as she walked out of the airport. After spending months in Spain studying abroad, Parker was happy to be home in New York especially since that meant seeing Brooke again.

She reached into her pocket and dialed her girlfriend's number who picked up after the second ring, "Look who remembered they have a girlfriend."

"Brooke, I talked to you last night," Parker says with a laugh.

"That was twenty-four hours ago!" Brooke exclaims, earning another laugh from Parker. She hails a taxi, pulling the phone away from her ear to give the driver the address to her shared apartment with Brooke.

"How's the fashion show coming?" Parker asks and Brooke sighs.

"Victoria has been on my ass about everything," Brooke tells her, "I miss when she neglected me."

Parker laughs, "I'm sure you don't mean that."

Parker was supposed to meet Brooke's parents when they went to California after graduation, but her parents had been so busy that Brooke never had the chance to introduce her to them.

"I mean it," Brooke says, Parker can hear movement in the background, "You are never meeting her."

"I feel like I'm going to have to meet her at some point," Parker says.

"Maybe our wedding day," Brooke says thoughtfully, "But honestly, Victoria might not even get invited to that."

Parker laughs, "So what does the rest of your evening look like?"

"Why?" Brooke asks, her voice becoming raspier, "Are we about to have phone sex?"

"Um I didn't intend to," Parker says, her cheeks flushing slightly.

Brooke lets out a laugh on the other side of the line, "Good because I have a pizza arriving soon and I didn't want to start something I couldn't finish."

"Of course," Parker says, the taxi comes to a stop and Parker looks up to see that they had arrived outside of their apartment building. She pays the taxi driver, grabs her stuff, and gets out of the car.

On her way inside she notices the pizza man trying to buzz into the building. She pulls the phone away from her ear and approaches him, "Would that pizza be for apartment 23?"

"Are you Brooke Davis?" he asks and Parker nods. She reaches into her pocket and hands him some cash. He stares at it and then looks back up, "This is like thirty bucks too much."

"Consider it a tip," Parker tells him.

He smiles merrily at her, "Thanks!"

She smiles as he walks off and pulls the phone back to her ear.

"Parker are you still there?" Brooke asks and Parker buzzes into the apartment building, walking past the front desk and deciding to take the stairs.

"Yeah, sorry, I'm here."

"So, when are you coming home? I really miss you and I'm tired of sleeping alone," Brooke says softly, and Parker gets that weird feeling of butterflies in the pit of her stomach.

"I should be home soon," Parker says as she reaches the second floor, "Until then, maybe you could use the pizza to keep you warm."

"I love pizza, but it's no Parker," Brooke pauses and then says, "I like the way you play with my hair."

"Really?" Parker asks as she knocks on the door to the apartment.

She can hear Brooke's excited squeal as she rushes to answer the front door. There's a quick pitter-patter of feet as Brooke opens the door and takes the pizza from Parker, shoving a couple of dollars at her before she closes the door in Parker's face.