twenty-six

Parker yawned as she entered her locker combination. She was so tired that she almost didn't notice the envelope that fell out of her locker with her name written on it in large print. She picked it up off the floor and glanced down the hallway to see Lucas, Nathan, and Haley holding an envelope as well.

Felix walked down the hallway a smile on his face as he glanced at each of them. Curiosity got the best of her as she opened the envelope and read over what it said.

"Dare night?" she head Brooke says from down the hall. She held up the letter as she looked ta Parker, "You going to this?"

Parker shrugged as she looked over at Haley and Nathan, "You two going to this?"

Haley shrugged and glanced at Nathan, they communicated silently through eye contact before they both turned to look at Parker, "Let's hear him out."

And that was how Parker found herself at Karen's Café with all of her friends, listening as Felix explained Dare Night. They had to do the dare and take pictures of themselves as they did it. It seemed easy enough, except Parker didn't trust Felix.

"You doing it Nathan?" Tim asked looking at his best friend, "All people do in this town is brood, pout and get married."

Haley and Nathan laughed and after a second, Haley placed her invitation on the table, "I'm in."

"Yeah what the hell. I'm up for something daring," Peyton said as she placed her invitation down. Nathan threw his on the table as well.

Parker stared at her name for a long moment before shrugging and throwing her invitation on top of Nathan's.

"Who else is in?" Felix asked.

Mouth, Fergie, Skills, and Tim placed there's on the table, except Tim's had been written by himself. He hadn't even been invited to Dare Night. Felix looked at the invitation and then at Tim.

"Come on, I wanna play, but I didn't get invited," he whined, sounding like a child.

"You can play if Brooke and Lucas play," Felix said looking at the only two people who hadn't given in.

Brooke threw her envelope in the pile, prompting Lucas to do the same.

"Pick the stupid teams," Brooke said, already sounding annoyed.

"Boys against girls. Six guys against the four girls and me. I count for two anyway," Felix said smiling slyly.

"Yeah two girls," Tim said earning glances from everyone around the table.

"Sweet, teams are set," Felix said taking a key and placing it on the table in front of Lucas.

"What's that?" Lucas asked.

Felix smiled, "That's your first dare."

___

"Alright, so you three take the Cingular phone and do these. There's nothing too crazy on there," Felix said as he handed Peyton the phone.

"Wait why do I have to go with you?" Brooke asked, crossing her arms over her chest, "I want to go with Parker."

Parker's heart fluttered quickly in her chest, but she ignored it as she looked over at Felix, awaiting his answer for the way he divided the teams.

"Because this is Parker's first dare," he said holding up Parker's dare card. She snatched it out of his hand and reads it quickly.

"She can do this in her sleep," Brooke says, reaching out and grabbing Parker's hand, "But I'm going with her."

Felix looked between the two girls before nodding his head slowly, "Alright, alright. Fine the two of you can be a group."

Brooke grinned, "Perfect," she glanced over at Parker, "You ready?"