thirty-six

"My name is Parker Taylor, I'm seventeen and a junior at Tree Hill. Hopefully, in the distant future I am a famous photojournalist for the New York Times, and have won a Nobel Peace Prize or two," Parker said with a laugh.

"I learned a lot of things about myself this year, but the most important thing I learned was that I'm bisexual. At first, I was terrified and felt like it was something to be ashamed of, because who wants to be different? High school is already hard enough but add something like being gay or bi and you are screwed."

Parker looked away from the camera, "I've had a crush on this one girl since I've known what a crush is. Her name is Brooke Davis and she's my very first girlfriend. It's kinda like having a Lamborghini as your first car, that's how cool Brooke is. I know most people see her as some shallow cheerleader, but Brooke is so much more than that. She's compassionate and brilliant. I sometimes wonder if she knows how amazing she is. Fifty years into the future I hope that I'm married to Brooke Davis. That somehow, I'm the luckiest loser in Tree Hill and Brooke decides to spend the rest of her life with me because I think I might be a little in love with her."

Parker hadn't said the words aloud before, but they bring a shy smile onto her face, "Wow, I've never said that before. Um, I really hope that everyone made some sort of embarrassing confession on their video because this will suck if I'm the only one."

Parker laughs at herself, "There are a lot of things I hope are different in the future. I hope my family has mended itself, before my parents' demise. If you guys are still alive, congrats, I guess. I hope that Haley and Nathan fixed things and that they're retired somewhere nice that their grandkids love to visit. But most importantly, I hope that I've become someone that does something great and with pride because I've already spent time wishing I was different. I'm not doing that anymore. I am who I am and if you've got something to say about that, too bad, I'm rich. I can do whatever I want."

Parker smiles at the camera, before standing from her seat and covering it with her hand.

___

"Why did you call me over to your house?" Peyton asks as she takes a seat on Parker's bed.

Parker grins widely as she sits across from Peyton in her desk chair.

"Well congrats!" Parker says, "On kissing Jake!"

Peyton's eyebrows furrow, "You know about that?"

"Special ex privilege," Parker tells her, "But to avoid any drama, I am giving you full permission to date Jake. However, you must promise to care and cherish him, and Jenny because they're really great and I love them."

Peyton laughs, "I promise."

Parker claps her hands together, "Great! Glad we settled that."

"So," Peyton asks, "How's it been being the first lady?"

"Splendid," Parker says dreamily, "Which leads to why I really invited you over."

"Uh oh," Peyton says, "Should I be worried?"

"Nope," Parker says, "I just need to know how many people Brooke has hooked up with."

Peyton lets out a loud laugh, and Parker simply stares at her. She realizes how bizarre the request sounded, but she needed to know what she was competing against. Things with her and Brooke were getting hot and heavy and Parker figured any day now they were going all the way.

"Parker!" Peyton says as she realizes the look on Parker's face.

"Realistically you can't give me an answer, but approximations are cool," Parker tells her with a small smile.